Mismatched pupils

Skyewolfe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m trying to figure out if this is something to be concerned about. His pupils are mismatched and he gets gunk from his eye kinda like an eye cold. He’s 4 1/2 years old and was fixed back in April.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
He may have a blocked tear duct or other anomaly. Did he have this problem when he was neutered in April and, if so, did you bring it to the vet's attention? Here is an Article that discusses feline (eye) herpes that may have some helpful information for you:
Ocular (Eye) Herpes In Cats – TheCatSite Articles Please keep us posted on his progress and give your vet a call.

Last edited:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time something like this happened with my cats was when one had an adverse reaction to Buprenorphine, which was a pain injection given to her when she had a dental procedure.

Your case, however, seems different and looks like you need to talk with a vet.
How long has this been going on?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skyewolfe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He may have a blocked tear duct or other anomaly. Did he have this problem when he was neutered in April and, if so, did you bring it to the vet's attention? Here is an Article that discusses feline (eye) herpes that may have some helpful information for you:
Ocular (Eye) Herpes In Cats – TheCatSite Articles Please keep us posted on his progress and give your vet a call.
No it only recently started. I’ll talk to my vet thank you

Skyewolfe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The only time something like this happened with my cats was when one had an adverse reaction to Buprenorphine, which was a pain injection given to her when she had a dental procedure.

Your case, however, seems different and looks like you need to talk with a vet.
How long has this been going on?
It’s been going on for about a week I think.

Skyewolfe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poor guy. I’m sure an unresponsive pupil must be wreaking a bit of havoc on his vision.
See though, thats the thing. It's not unresponsive. I used a light to check his eyes and they both change sizes when I would shine it on his face.

Skyewolfe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the morning of his vet appointment his pupils had returned to normal (how just like a kid is that? Make an appointment for them and suddenly they’re better making you out like a liar 😂).

took him to the vet any ways and she agreed it was most likely just an eye cold. That the affected eye can become a little inflamed which can cause the mismatched pupils. She said to just keep it clean and keep an eye on him.If he got worse or didn’t continue improving, to come back in.

his eyes are back to normal completely not even squinting, but saw some discharge in my other babys eye, so gotta keep an eye on that.

Has any one found a lysine product for cats that they actually like? Wanted it to help boost their vision and immune system but every one I’ve bought they sniff and look at me like “what’s with this crap?”

Last edited by a moderator: