Mioki The Possible Stray

CalicoCaliKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys I'm new to this site and I would like some help. I have encountered what appears to be an young adult-adult cat that I have named Mioki. I believe she (i believe she's a she) is a stray. She lets me approach for pets and she loves to be pet. She likes her belly rubbed and when I rubbed in what would be the "regions" i didn't feel anything that I thought would belong to a male cat. She's pretty big and very friendly. Shes not too skinny but her fur feels really...I'm not sure how to day it greasy? And the top of her right ear is compactly gone. I would say maybe it was a fight but its so clearly cut it looks like it was purposely cut. I can't take her myself because she hates dogs and I am getting a three week old kitten that was abandoned by her mother in a few days. But if Mioki is a stray I want to work to find her a home because she is such a sweet girl. She scratched me once but thats because I surprised her when I picked her up to get her away from the dogs but she was instantly upset when she saw she scratched me. She waits for me now every Tuesday at the same time and even waited for me to walk home Tuesday night and tried to follow me home. Any options?

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s pretty! Thanks for caring for her! I think that it looks like she has an “ear tip”, meaning that she was trapped, spayed, and returned outside. In TNR work, they cut off the top of the ear as a signal that a cat has been fixed.

To find her a home, you can see if a local no-kill shelter has room. If you want to try to find an adopter yourself, this article gives some good tips (that don’t just apply to kittens) "kittens To Good Homes" - How To Find A Good Forever Home For Your Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CalicoCaliKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
See that's what I thought but I wasn't 100% sure about it. I would take her but she hates dogs and I'm going to be living with a dog next year.

I am trying to find her a home.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is sweet...hope she finds a forever home.

BUT just as a backup plan there are ways to socialize dogs and cats...I’ll defer to the experts of the forum to chime in. Also I’ve found two cats, especially an older one and kitten, is a perfect match to easily socialize. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for what you’re doing.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he's probably a boy. . .I can usually tell by the shape of their heads and he has quite a masculine look to him. Most likely he was a full-grown tom before being neutered. Cats have all their bits around back, not on the stomach like a dog, so it's not as easy to tell with them, also since he's neutered there's less to see ;).

Since he's been TNRed and someone must be feeding him, I don't think it's a high priority to rehome him. He's doing fine where he is. It's always nice when someone in the neighborhood can take in a friendly stray, but it probably wouldn't work out if he were taken to an entirely different area. And he may not adjust well to staying indoors only.

You could ask around about who's feeding him, that might make you feel better about his life.