Minwi is a licker

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Minwi is a 5 .5 month old neutered female, She was abandoned with the rest of the litter...very young age, cause they still changing color eye I beleived 5 to 6 week. So far I have gain a trust with that cat that even at that young age surpass any other cat I had, I am glad she did choose to come into my life. But she is a licker.
She like to lick my shirt at the mostly under my arm pit and I'm ticklish at that spot so I started taking off my shirt, work only for a while
What do you think is the reason for that behavior Merry X Mas.jpg

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats, you are the winner of this week's edition of "strange things we do for our cats." Said in fun. Cats are weird, so yeah, doing weird things for them is normal(ish), and I don't think you are (overly) weird for taking off your shirt so your cat can lick it :flail:

Many cats like to lick fabricky type things. Mine likes this santa lure toy that was completely destroyed 3 years ago. Can't throw it out on him, but its too gross to actually let him do it, lol.

Some people on here have speculated its because cats were prematurely weaned, but eh, cats are weird. My licker will also knead blankets with his paws . . . while drooling. Its the only time he drools, so its not medical. Since my wife likes to watch tv with a blanket on . . . yeah, its very gross. Cats are weird.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Selene loves to lick my hair. I try to tell her it's clean, but I guess I don't meet her standard of clean :rolleyes2:

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rain licks me, too. We call it "Sandpaper Kisses". She comes up to me, puts her little paws up to my shoulders like a hug and starts licking on my nose, chin and forehead. I do wash my face immediately after she's done, but with her, I'm sure it's affection. She used to nibble and bite, but I would correct her and tell her, "No biting, sandpaper kisses only". Then she started doing the licking thing. Maybe this is your kitty's way of showing affection, too. 🥰

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our 6-1/2 month old kitten, Luna, is a licker also. She's been this way since we got her. It isn't because she was weaned early either. She was with her mom for a full 16 weeks. She just *is* that way. Not so bad that she overgrooms but gosh, she really can go at it on herself and on us. It's particularly annoying in the middle of the night because she almost always sleeps on a pillow that is behind the one I sleep on at the back of my head. If I happen to reach up to her, she'll immediately pull my hand to her, starting with light bites and then begin cleaning it finger by finger. Blech. If I try and move my hand away, she'll go looking for it and pull it back in to her lol. Or, then start on my forehead. Or my nose. Or start to lick my hair.

She utterly adores me. I'm her person. So I'm assuming that's why she does it but again, she was like this from the get go so I just think it's in her nature to be orally fixated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats, you are the winner of this week's edition of "strange things we do for our cats." Said in fun. Cats are weird, so yeah, doing weird things for them is normal(ish), and I don't think you are (overly) weird for taking off your shirt so your cat can lick it :flail:

Many cats like to lick fabricky type things. Mine likes this santa lure toy that was completely destroyed 3 years ago. Can't throw it out on him, but its too gross to actually let him do it, lol.

Some people on here have speculated its because cats were prematurely weaned, but eh, cats are weird. My licker will also knead blankets with his paws . . . while drooling. Its the only time he drools, so its not medical. Since my wife likes to watch tv with a blanket on . . . yeah, its very gross. Cats are weird.
Lol...It is the shirt that I don't want her to lick, I transport the dye they put in ours clothes and I don't want my cat to lick that

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s also possible that she loves your natural scent and wants more of it; my friend’s cat get high on his dirty shirts :)
That make sense, but she is too young to get high

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rain licks me, too. We call it "Sandpaper Kisses". She comes up to me, puts her little paws up to my shoulders like a hug and starts licking on my nose, chin and forehead. I do wash my face immediately after she's done, but with her, I'm sure it's affection. She used to nibble and bite, but I would correct her and tell her, "No biting, sandpaper kisses only". Then she started doing the licking thing. Maybe this is your kitty's way of showing affection, too. 🥰
Affection...yes...I wish blink instead :)