Resolved Minor Username Issue

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just logged in, and noticed that my username is now all lower case, whereas before the first letter was a capital ('columbine' vs 'Columbine'). I can't see a way to correct it :confused: Like I said, it's only a minor thing, but I know it'll bug me :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 115554

Thank you for reporting this.

I can see what this is happening but it is not easy to fix. In the old platform, in the backend, there are two versions of username. It seems the one we chose to copy to new platform, isn't the one you are used to seeing.

Personally, I care deeply about the capitalization of my username! So I can see why it might matter a lot to others. I will definitely look in to fixing this at some point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you :) So sorry it'll be a pain to fix...but at least is isn't an urgent problem ;)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I THINK I used to have capitals for MServant but don't now. It's not a great deal to me but seeing Columbine's comment made me think about it.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is also a real problem for me, especially since my username is also my personal name!

Margret

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I also miss not having my username capitalized.
"loving mickey" always read as "Loving Mickey".
I do realize it may seem like such a small issue, but it means alot to some of us.
Mickey was and is so very special to me and a huge piece of my heart. Having the L and M capital meant alot to me.

Also, every members titles seemed to have changed, even the advisors.
I would think that something like that will be fixed.
The advisors and all should be identified as who they are.
Also, the titles top cat, alpha cat, etc.

D

Deleted member 115554

Hey everyone. I have an update for you about this issue.

You know the cause for this issue from my previous post in this thread. But I just remembered why we did that. Copying the capitalization would have caused problems with password login.

It is quite common to reset everyone's password after a migration like this or nobody can login. However, we have carried over the old login system and this required to use the lower-case names.

I think it will be better to allow members to change their username so you can just change your username to whatever you prefer.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Copying the capitalization would have caused problems with password login.
That makes a lot of sense.

Making the move was a tremendous feat, and some glitches were to be anticipated; nobody can expect them to be rectified immediately. We all have to practice a little patience.

This may sound stupid, but somehow I'm enjoying seeing the user names in lower case right now, probably because I have to write in German every day, and all nouns are capitalized!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We're working on a solution but this could take a few days. Thank you for your patience, everyone!