Minnie keeps puking..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Offer her a little bit of food, if she eats it and wants more give it to her. I would feed her little and often until the results come back. A little at a time may be easier for her to digest.
Alright! What should i do with the rest of the food in the pouch?

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Offer her a little bit of food, if she eats it and wants more give it to her. I would feed her little and often until the results come back. A little at a time may be easier for her to digest.
Okay , i gave her a table spoon of food

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seal the pouch or fold over tge top and put it in the fridge, it will be ok to use tomorrow
Well she's keeping it down , and keeps scratching at the fridge , i think she's knows there's more in there!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats a good sign. Give her a little more if shes hungry. Maybe she has been eating too much in one go and too fast.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep a food journal: how much you feed her, what you fed her, and whether she threw up or not. This will help you find patterns. But it will also help you stage changes slowly as you will have a record of what you have done so far.

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thats a good sign. Give her a little more if shes hungry. Maybe she has been eating too much in one go and too fast.
o-kay , i gave her a little more , as she wanted a little more , she and albus are enjoying dinner

rexinminn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feed her wet , mainly , and she gets to eat a little dry throughout the day .
I've not fed her yet today .
I clean the litter box in the morning , mid day , evning and just before i go to bed so its clean most of the time .
She's drinking a little less , and i've been feeding the food the rescue fed her .
Some cats have a bad reaction to too much poultry. We've been on a strictly wet food diet for well over 10 yrs and they seem to like the chicken best, but when Peanut eats it, she throws up, so she's developed some sort of intolerance to it. One vet told us that if they continue to throw up to stop feeding them the chicken. You're not feeding them chicken but I suppose it's possible that your cat could be reacting to the turkey. I know how exasperating this can be, but think about why a cat throws up, or anyone for that matter. Something inside her is being rejected for a reason. Have you looked at her anal glands recently? They could be impacted and causing inflammation in the gut area. Has there been any improvement?

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With kittens, it is sometimes better to feed smaller amounts, 3-4 times a day. If they get TOO hungry and eat TOO fast, that can also cause throwing up.
She's a 4 year old cat
Edit: sorry i meant 3 year old roughly

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some cats have a bad reaction to too much poultry. We've been on a strictly wet food diet for well over 10 yrs and they seem to like the chicken best, but when Peanut eats it, she throws up, so she's developed some sort of intolerance to it. One vet told us that if they continue to throw up to stop feeding them the chicken. You're not feeding them chicken but I suppose it's possible that your cat could be reacting to the turkey. I know how exasperating this can be, but think about why a cat throws up, or anyone for that matter. Something inside her is being rejected for a reason. Have you looked at her anal glands recently? They could be impacted and causing inflammation in the gut area. Has there been any improvement?
Yes , i'm only feeding turkey now and she's doing well!

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So she's been on the turkey diet for about 2 days now , and i'm slowly increasing the amout i feed her.
I'm feeding her about 50 g ( quater of 1 pouch ) at 7.00 am , then another 50 g at about 9.30 - 10.00 am , then at 12 , 2 pm , 4 pm , 7 pm

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay , she's eating her full 2 pouches a day , she's doing very well!

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Get the results tommorw!