Adult Cat
Purraise
She threw up again!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I fed her this morning , but she puked it up again...
She has an appointment on friday .

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know if she can wait until Friday. Is she drinking, playing, using the box as normal? Are you feeding her wet food or dry food? What flavor? Some kitties cannot tolerate fish or chicken flavors. If possible, try to give her some plain meat baby food. If that doesn't work, try boiling a chicken thigh in some plain water (no seasoning). Let it cool off, remove from bone, grind up with a little bit of the broth and offer that to her. My thought is if she continues to throw up, she could get dehydrated or she could have some kind of blockage or gas in her intestines. If there is ANY lethargy or change in play or litter box habits, she needs to get to the vet immediately.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat pukes up all fancy feast canned food, he regurgitates if eats to fast, elevate the bowl up significantly stops the air going in which air results in puke

I get puke off and on, used to give me anxiety now i just accept it, ive done all i can, spent thousands, i made my own dish to slow him down...

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if she can wait until Friday. Is she drinking, playing, using the box as normal? Are you feeding her wet food or dry food? What flavor? Some kitties cannot tolerate fish or chicken flavors. If possible, try to give her some plain meat baby food. If that doesn't work, try boiling a chicken thigh in some plain water (no seasoning). Let it cool off, remove from bone, grind up with a little bit of the broth and offer that to her. My thought is if she continues to throw up, she could get dehydrated or she could have some kind of blockage or gas in her intestines. If there is ANY lethargy or change in play or litter box habits, she needs to get to the vet immediately.
She's been drinking a little less than normal , pooping 1-2 times a day but very small poops, and playing with albus quite a bit . ]
I feed wet and a tiny bit of dry , but someone told me its bad for them so i am planning on changing it to justwet .
The flavours are turkey , beef , lamb , tuna and duck .
And the dry is chicken flavour

rexinminn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wonder if she may have gotten into something.
Or if there was a change in her diet.
Do you feed her kibble or wet food?
Our cats are notorious pukers and I understand many cats are this way.
So there are other factors to consider.
I'm not sure if I would "jump" to the vet right away, but do what you need to do.
I worry the vet may give you an anti-nausea medicine that could make the problem, if there actually is one, worse, such as what happened with my Punkin a year ago.
The cat is drinking normally and the litter box gets regular cleaning?
And you're not feeding her too much at once?

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wonder if she may have gotten into something.
Or if there was a change in her diet.
Do you feed her kibble or wet food?
Our cats are notorious pukers and I understand many cats are this way.
So there are other factors to consider.
I'm not sure if I would "jump" to the vet right away, but do what you need to do.
I worry the vet may give you an anti-nausea medicine that could make the problem, if there actually is one, worse, such as what happened with my Punkin a year ago.
The cat is drinking normally and the litter box gets regular cleaning?
And you're not feeding her too much at once?
I feed her wet , mainly , and she gets to eat a little dry throughout the day .
I've not fed her yet today .
I clean the litter box in the morning , mid day , evning and just before i go to bed so its clean most of the time .
She's drinking a little less , and i've been feeding the food the rescue fed her .
She's been drinking a little less than normal , pooping 1-2 times a day but very small poops, and playing with albus quite a bit . ]
I feed wet and a tiny bit of dry , but someone told me its bad for them so i am planning on changing it to justwet .
The flavours are turkey , beef , lamb , tuna and duck .
And the dry is chicken flavour

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've put some chicken on for her.

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay i'm going to give her some chicke n with a little brotth like u said .

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well she ate her food. ( the chicken )
I gave her only a tiny amount , spread very thinly on her plate .
If she keeps that down i'll give her a little more .
Hope she is alright..

😟😟

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay , update :
She was playing with albus for 20-30 minuetes , jumping around , just kitty fun.
She's been having diarrhoea , though she does seem active

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's not doing the best .
She puked again .
When she was playing , with albus , ithought " oh , maybe she's getting better!"
But she's puked again , and still diarrhoea .
She's sleeping now.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is she puking EVERY time she eats? Does anything stay down? I'd call the vet back, athough she is going in tomorrow. He may want to see her this afternoon...wait...you're in the UK, so it's after closing time now. Tomorrow it is. AND LET US KNOW WHAT HE SAYS!

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is she puking EVERY time she eats? Does anything stay down? I'd call the vet back, athough she is going in tomorrow. He may want to see her this afternoon...wait...you're in the UK, so it's after closing time now. Tomorrow it is. AND LET US KNOW WHAT HE SAYS!
She puke some times , but she didn't puke this morning when i fed her .
But she did tonight.. Am i being rude or something..too...? Am i not caring for her properly , and thats why she's puking/?

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, there are LOTS of reasons this can happen. And you are the very last thing on the list. Cats can have food allergies and sensitivities, just like we can. Some parasites can cause it, as well as any number of things. From what you are saying, you're doing a good job with her, and you certainly care! This is no different than taking a family member with a fever to the doctor...you didn't cause it, but you need help fixing it.

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, there are LOTS of reasons this can happen. And you are the very last thing on the list. Cats can have food allergies and sensitivities, just like we can. Some parasites can cause it, as well as any number of things. From what you are saying, you're doing a good job with her, and you certainly care! This is no different than taking a family member with a fever to the doctor...you didn't cause it, but you need help fixing it.
Thanks , i thought i was the one who caused it .
I've read online that wiskas food is really , bad , and so many reviews said it make their cats sick..
I don't think that why , because i've only been feeding Applaws Pet Food applaws

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks , i thought i was the one who caused it .
I've read online that wiskas food is really , bad , and so many reviews said it make their cats sick..
I don't think that why , because i've only been feeding Applaws Pet Food applaws
I fed whiskas a week ago.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had a cat who lived to be almost 20, and never ate anything but Whiskas dry food! Here's my advice...read good articles about cat feeding (there are some here), read labels, then buy the best food you can afford and still manage other areas of care. But a very wise person once told me, "The very best cat food is the one that your cat will actually eat." My current cat will ONLY eat Little Friskies dry. I've spent HUNDREDS of dollars trying to get her onto something better, to no avail. But she is almost twelve years old, and aside from a tendency to eat too many Temptations and gain weight, she is in purrfect health! Now, if your cat has some food allergies, you're going to REALLY have to read those labels, but no...you did not cause this. Even if it was a food reaction, YOU DID NOT CAUSE IT, HER BODY'S REACTION TO THAT FOOD, which you could not know, caused it. And any cat can be sensitive to any food, so take those reviews with a grain of salt. If there are 100 bad reviews, there are probably 100,000 cats who eat it just fine.