Minnie keeps puking..

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 3 year old cat that i got 2 weeks ago , keeps puking , and it has.. fur in it! aswel as the.. normal stuff..
It happened 10 mins ago , and she's puked 2 times.
Whats wrong with her?!
Is this normal??
I'm really worried!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She's puked twice in two weeks? And there is fur in it. I agree with denice denice , she should see a vet, and fairly soon. For several reasons. There are all sorts of things that could be causing this...from a sudden change in diet (and possibly the new one doesn't agree with her) to parasites, to all sorts of other things. ANY cat new to you should be seen by your vet, when you get right down to it, even if they seem perfectly healthy!

And you certainly did not waste anyone's time! That's what we are here for!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's puked twice in two weeks? And there is fur in it. I agree with denice denice , she should see a vet, and fairly soon. For several reasons. There are all sorts of things that could be causing this...from a sudden change in diet (and possibly the new one doesn't agree with her) to parasites, to all sorts of other things. ANY cat new to you should be seen by your vet, when you get right down to it, even if they seem perfectly healthy!

And you certainly did not waste anyone's time! That's what we are here for!
Okay , i'll book an appointment tommorow , i have taken them to the vet , as albus was very overweight when i adopted him , he was 16 pound , but the vet put him on a diet , so now he's 14 , he's still on the diet .
They did give us her food , it was a stores own brand , and the vet told me how to slowly
transition to the other food that i feed .
Thank you!

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will call them in the morning , they open tomorrow till 7 pm

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay , i'll book an appointment tommorow , i have taken them to the vet , as albus was very overweight when i adopted him , he was 16 pound , but the vet put him on a diet , so now he's 14 , he's still on the diet .
They did give us her food , it was a stores own brand , and the vet told me how to slowly
transition to the other food that i feed .
Thank you!
If he was 16lbs two weeks ago and he’s 14lbs now, imo he looses his weight way too quickly.. Maybe his calorie intake was cut too drastically?

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 3 year old cat that i got 2 weeks ago , keeps puking , and it has.. fur in it! aswel as the.. normal stuff..
It happened 10 mins ago , and she's puked 2 times.
Whats wrong with her?!
Is this normal??
I'm really worried!
Even some vets will unfortunately tell you that vomiting cats are normal, but it isn’t necessarily true, there must be the reason for it so I would push your vet to find it. It might be inappropriate diet, some food sensitivity, even blockage, pancreatis, IBD, other reasons. Did she vomit straight after eating?if so, It’s possible she ate too much too quickly. Elevated dish could help, as spreading the food on the plate.
She should be passing hair through the other side rather than vomiting it, you could help her by giving some hairball remedies: egg yolk, egg lecithin, some oils, butter.

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Even some vets will unfortunately tell you that vomiting cats are normal, but it isn’t necessarily true, there must be the reason for it so I would push your vet to find it. It might be inappropriate diet, some food sensitivity, even blockage, pancreatis, IBD, other reasons. Did she vomit straight after eating?if so, It’s possible she ate too much too quickly. Elevated dish could help, as spreading the food on the plate.
She should be passing hair through the other side rather than vomiting it, you could help her by giving some hairball remedies: egg yolk, egg lecithin, some oils, butter.
No , she vomited about 1 hour ago and ate about 4 hours ago , she vomited almost strat after waking up .
Its a really shallow , dish , that is large , sort of like a little human plate , with higher sides . I do spread the food out /

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH...did you post an introduction yet in the "New Cats on the Block" forum? DID I MISS IT? Did I respond to it and forget? Getting older does that to you...but if you didn't, feel free to! We'd love lots of pictures!

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OH...did you post an introduction yet in the "New Cats on the Block" forum? DID I MISS IT? Did I respond to it and forget? Getting older does that to you...but if you didn't, feel free to! We'd love lots of pictures!
Nope i have not posted one.

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She threw up again!

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise