Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoa Cream

I believe he was AKC registered, but I'm not sure. He still looks like a doxie, but he's not as low to the ground as their other dog. They got him from a pet shop, whereas they got the girl from a breeder...she is a show quality dog, but he was only meant to be a pet.
They got him from a pet shop - That is why. Petstores get their "animals" from mills. Tons of inbreeding and other sad conditions. I'd never buy from a pet store... Pet stores should not be allowed to sell puppies, kittens, well... ANY PET. They are about profit and they are horrible.

Either way, THANKS EVERYONE
really enjoying them. THey are 5 days now.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MommysMeows

Either way, THANKS EVERYONE
really enjoying them. THey are 5 days now.
Can we please request more pics of the little sweeties? There just isn't a whole lot sweeter than baby puppies and kittens, except for watching baby puppies and kittens being raised in a very responsible home where they will go to good homes.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!! More pics, please.

I don't think, until now, I've ever seen dachshund puppies who were just born. With their long noses and their eyes closed and their whiskers, they sort of look like little old men! (Adorable little old men.)

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww they are ADORABLE!! I just went thru that 5 weeks ago, they grow sooo quickly it feels like days ago my puppies arrived...

I wish you the best of luck with thoes little cuties and please keep updating ..I'd love to see them as they grow

PS- I got 6 of em...you want a few? lol

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
6 dachshunds??? lol - Sure, I will take a few

They are 7 days old now
The girl is larger than the boy, and soooo cute. We're going to keep the girl.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your babies are beautiful!I have a longhair dapple,standard size,and we just adore him.I was given pics of him from birth til right before we got him and I wondered if he would ever grow into his nose!But he did,and he's a gorgeous boy!All my cats love him and he loves them,too.

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1 week old today, Look how precious. We're keeping the girl and naming her Apple.

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very cute! I love dachshunds (Why I have 7).

Can I ask (Because I don't know) what is her story as to why she got pregnant? Did you purposely breed her? if so why?

Dachshunds are the 5th most popular breed in the U.S and are VERY overbred. There are TONS and TONS of homeless dachshunds. And a TON of backyard breeders of the breed I love the most.

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tried to avoid you because "everyone" and their mom has their own ideas & judgments on how things should or should not work. I am not really interested in debate on a forum I enjoy and have fun on.

However:

1. I bred Bella because I wanted to
2. I bred her because I could afford to ( vet bills and all )
3. I bred because she had qualities that I felt were great. Breeding is to better the breed, not for quantity, or money.
4. Lastly, all of my pets have homes, even if they are sold and 6 years later the owners can't care for them... My home will ALWAYS be their home - Open arms.

I understand the responsibility when breeding, and I take it all. I have done my fair share of research. I know this "topic" all too well and each time it gets heated so I would rather it die down with my reply to yours.

Thanks

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know very little about breeding, whether it be about dogs or cats. But I do firmly believe that with any popular breed, whether that be Persians or Bengals or Meezers or Doxies or Rotties or whatever the breed of the year is, there are good breeders and bad. The good ones do their research on the breed, know the histories and geneology of their breeding pairs and do it for the betterment of the breed. If that hadn't happened when Dalmations and GSDs were so overbred by bad breeders who were in it for the money that many of the lines were tainted with genetic issues and diseases then we probably wouldn't have these breeds around now.

I'm just saying that we need to place the blame where the blame lies - with the BYBs - and support those that are doing right by the breed.
However, especially with the popular breeds these are legitimate questions to ask, even though I'm sure it gets tiring for the good breeders to have to answer them over and over again. If you're doing it for the right reasons (and IMO I think she is), then the breeders have to view it with patience and understanding that the questions are asked with the best intentions and love for the breed.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer them.
Because it allows me to appreciate the pictures of these precious babies on many levels and not *just* because they are adorable, which they are.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my.....that picture of the two of them all curled up on their backs is so precious!! Can't wait until their eyes are open!

Status
Not open for further replies.