Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I know very little about breeding, whether it be about dogs or cats. But I do firmly believe that with any popular breed, whether that be Persians or Bengals or Meezers or Doxies or Rotties or whatever the breed of the year is, there are good breeders and bad. The good ones do their research on the breed, know the histories and geneology of their breeding pairs and do it for the betterment of the breed. If that hadn't happened when Dalmations and GSDs were so overbred by bad breeders who were in it for the money that many of the lines were tainted with genetic issues and diseases then we probably wouldn't have these breeds around now.

I'm just saying that we need to place the blame where the blame lies - with the BYBs - and support those that are doing right by the breed.
However, especially with the popular breeds these are legitimate questions to ask, even though I'm sure it gets tiring for the good breeders to have to answer them over and over again. If you're doing it for the right reasons (and IMO I think she is), then the breeders have to view it with patience and understanding that the questions are asked with the best intentions and love for the breed.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer them.
Because it allows me to appreciate the pictures of these precious babies on many levels and not *just* because they are adorable, which they are.
Thank you

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I appreciate you taking the time to answer them.
Because it allows me to appreciate the pictures of these precious babies on many levels and not *just* because they are adorable, which they are.
I can't help but wonder too when I see pics of people's puppies and kittens.
I'm glad you're such a responsible breeder, and thanks for posting their pictures.
The puppies are so adorable I want to squeal out loud!

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have your dogs been GENETICALLY tested (Not checked over by a vet, but HEALTH CERTIFIED). If not, you are NOT bettering the breed. You are just breeding because you you have a female dog.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101

Have your dogs been GENETICALLY tested (Not checked over by a vet, but HEALTH CERTIFIED). If not, you are NOT bettering the breed. You are just breeding because you you have a female dog.
Yep, did all that with my dog. Yes.... with that said, let's let this post be about what it was - Pictures.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MommysMeows

.... with that said, let's let this post be about what it was - Pictures.

Yes, please! Keep posting those pictures! Love them!

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Absolutely LOVE that name...Apple - Too Cute and very fitting!! Suits her perfectly!

I agree......post was about pictures and showing off thoes precious babies....Hate to see this go into a debate.

I am not for or against breeding - as long as its done responsible, which it sure sounds like it has been, who is to judge?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Moderator Intervention:

Please keep the off-topic comments confined to a private conversation - that's what we have PMs for.

Thank you!

ETA: In my experience in reading the breeder's forums threads as well as the debate threads we've had on breeding in IMO, it's usually pretty easy to spot a bad breeder. Give them time and rope to hang themselves with, and they will show their true colors. However, it's almost impossible to prove that one is a good breeder online (either one's self or someone else where a poster got a kitten or puppy from). Reason is that there is always room for doubt (you can't look someone in the eye in posts), and you can't actually see how the litters (feline or canine) are raised, or how the pairs are bred or how they are chosen for breeding.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just have to jump in here and say how sweet they are. My BIL has a mini (Jacob) and he's my buddy. I'm one of his 2 special folks (besides his owners) and he gets really, really excited when he sees me (think puddles on the floor).

Keep those pictures coming.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what they look like so small?? They are so cute!!

My mom has a mini doxie that is almost 10 years old. He is a silver dapple with long black and tan fur. He also has one eye with dapple (sectoral heterochromia). Most of his eye is brown, but a small part of it is blue. He is cute but very aggressive to other dogs.

He looks almost exactly like Dr Doolittle IV but with more pronounced dappling, in the 3rd picture down on this page http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DG

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww. Sweet!

And I just checked back on Bella's puppies. New pics have been added. They're getting so big! There's one of them in the crate with Bella where they're climbing on her....they're almost as big as her!
I just wanna pick them up and give them big smooches.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

He looks almost exactly like Dr Doolittle IV but with more pronounced dappling, in the 3rd picture down on this page http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DG
This person has bloodlines of a really good family friend of ours...what a small world! (the Cedarhurst bloodlines are the ones I saw...we've known that lady, well, since before I was born!Lol!)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Since it seems this thread is destined to go off-topic, it is now being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.