Mimi

MimiandYumiMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We adopted Mimi when she just turned 4 months old. When I went to the shelter, she was the first kitty I saw. She called out to me and I knew she was the one. The way we connected was like unlike anything I had ever felt before. I knew that I was going to give my whole self for this little kitten.
The shelter had told me that Mimi had a mild upper respiratory infection, but that it would pass in time-they were wrong.
We had taken Mimi to the hospital after she went most of the day without eating. Then after going home that night, she had a terrifying seizure. We were so scared and I just remember crying hysterically as I tried to keep as much composure as I could while driving back to the hospital. It was that awful morning that we learned that Mimi was succumbing to FIP, and that we had to put her to sleep.
Still to this day, even thinking about it brings me to tears. We only spent 10 days with Mimi, but those were some of the happiest days of my life. Mimi brightened up the dark spaces in my heart and was the most loving little kitty. I’m still so devastated by what happened, but I’m at least a little comforted by the fact that we were able to give Mimi a loving home, even if it was just for a short time. I would hate to think of her still suffering through this horrid disease alone in the shelter.
Mimi was my first baby, and she’ll always be in my heart. It’s just so hard without her right now. I know this pain too shall pass, and I thought posting about it would give me a good outlet.
Thank you to everyone who read this, and I wish all the best for you and your kitties <3
Mama loves you, Mimi.
0D4AF362-506E-4048-9DED-B1FD05C90309.jpeg

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mimi was absolutely beautiful. It's always so much harder when they're young, knowing that they should've had a long, loving, happy life ahead of them that they will never get the chance to enjoy. I can see her love for you in this picture (at least, I'm assuming that's you). I'm sure she's waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge and even though you only had her a short time, I'm sure she will always love you and see you as her mama. RIP, sweet Mimi.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Mimi, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on your mama's heart forever.

What a precious little soul she was, is, and always will be. And she lived, breathed, and had her being in your love. Here is the thing to remember...cats live in an eternal now. Once she was in your home, your home was her universe, forever. Being Cat, she had no fear for the future, no fear for death. What she had NOW was always, so always she lived in your love. It was, for her, her eternity. And you gave her that. And now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, she understands even more fully the depths of your love for her. She is healthy again, and filled with joy...the only shadow is your sorrow. And so she sends her love for you, translated and purified into Love, back to you again, to walk with you down through all your days. It will never leave your side again until the two of you are, in the fulness of time, reunited. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You were meant to give her the happiness she deserved, even if for such a short time. She connected with you because she knew you would love her in her remaining short days. Thank you for that, you will be blessed.....
It doesn't matter ten days or ten years, you found that out. When your heart connects it is spiritual, so eternal. She will forever occupy a special place in your heart and soul. Our place is not to wonder the why she had to leave, just to know it happened and there was a reason. I believe it was to let her know she was valued and loved, that her life had meaning and she will always be held close now for eternity. You gave her that, you were her everything.....
Do not let this close your heart to other little loves in the future. We all must know the pain of losing someone before we can fully appreciate love. Any new loves will reside right next to hers, adding on, not replacing, allowing hers to become even stronger and blooming with the happiness you feel.
Somehow we find the strength to go on, there is strength in grieving because it ties our souls even closer to those who have gone before us. Time is the only thing that helps to dull the sharp edges of grief, time, and opening our hearts to others.
My heart goes out to you. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, as will others on this site. You are not alone, we are all together in our time of grieving, and have stood where you stand now. I hope you know your little girl is at peace because of the love you freely gave her, she took a piece of your heart when she left but left behind a piece of hers. Bless you, for giving her this.....RIP precious Mimi. You will be dearly missed, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
When love is concerned, ten days might as well be 10 years. You loved that baby and she loved you. She knew you were the person she wanted to be with.

I'm sorry for your loss, but so happy to know that her last days were truly spent with someone who loved her.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, no, I'm so sorry. I'm glad that Mimi got to spend her all too short life surrounded by so much love.

Rest in peace, little one. :rbheart:

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Could you imagine Mimi alone in the shelter. during those 10 days?
You were the light and the warmness in the Mimi's life. That is all that counts, love cant be measured.
My heart goes with you!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that this happened, but like others have said she was given love and a home for that short while, for some reason it was just meant for her to move on to the next life, but she is fine now, just fine, and when you meet again one day she will thank you for taking her in.

I think in time she will send another one in need your way, when the time is right, one who needs you to take care of.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart: