Milk Production

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Frucat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nope, couldn't leave it that way. I put the blanket where she'd been wanting to lay down, put the litterbox back on the floor and put her waste into it. She crawled in the lay down a few times and I removed her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Them resting in the unused litterbox isnt unusual. For example common among show cats during the show. Feels reassuring?
The riddle is why she goes toilet in the food bowl. That is odd.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps. Perhaps some way to mark revire? As when they dont covers wastes!?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
P5110385.JPG
How big is the food bowl? I'd provide her food in a different smaller dish and would put back the litter box back on the floor with some of her poop inside right on top of the ltter. I hope that wil help.

Does she have a bed of her own? Othewise can you provide her with a box lined with a comfortable blanket?

Last edited:

Frucat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The bowl is relatively small. It holds about a cup of food. I put fecal material back in the litter box, pulled the bedding out of the box and put it where the litter box was and will add new bedding back into the box they were using. I also turned down the space heater, I wonder if the box was feeling too warm? The ambient temperature without the heater is about 68 so I've been warming it for the kittens.

Frucat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lizzie is doing great. She's still a little smaller than her siblings, but growing well. She's already been adopted!

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s great! Will the kittens stay with mom until they are 10-12 weeks old?

Frucat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That’s great! Will the kittens stay with mom until they are 10-12 weeks old?
No, probably till 8 weeks(ish). The shelter neuters them at 2 pounds and sends them to their forever home. They're around 6 weeks now. Momma has been weaning them. I've not seen them nursing in the last week, though I'm not with them 100% of the time! I'm taking them for a weight check and vaccinations tomorrow.

Frucat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately, many shelters and rescues have not caught on to the 10-12-week guideline yet.
Do you have any research that I could bring to my shelter?