Miko Whole Ingredient

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry I already posted about this! :kitty: Kind of, but I'm wanting to stop feeding my girl Sheba entirely, and switch her to a better food alongside her tiki. (2 brand rotation) and wanted more info on this food.

Miko seems good, affordable, but just asking around as usual; in case it has a bad rep; has made cats sick, etc etc. Does anyone have experience with this food?

https://www.chewy.com/miko-whole-ingredient-chicken-recipe/dp/176316

https://www.chewy.com/miko-whole-ingredient-chicken-turkey/dp/176318

Those are ones I'm most likely getting. Thoughts? :catrub:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Every morning my cat will not eat her canned unless I add in Miko as a topper. It should not be used as a regular meal because it is so low in fat

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
My advice would be to keep Sheba in your rotation so that you have more than 2 foods. That way, if something is ever discontinued or has a formula change, you wont be scrambling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My advice would be to keep Sheba in your rotation so that you have more than 2 foods. That way, if something is ever discontinued or has a formula change, you wont be scrambling.
Well, I'm kicking sheba because it has by product and guar gum, so maybe something else.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat food can be pricey so I just bought a bunch of Dr Elseys Turkey on chewy. There is a thread on here that talks about food on sale. I'll try to find it.
2 of my cats eat dr elseys chicken and turkey . I only feed canned also
Other cat canidae chicken duck and canidae fronteir trail chicken which is no longer on chewy but is elsewhere

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Little update, was gonna start a new thread but decided to dust off this old one -I'm ordering miko today and will report back with specs take!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
the can man be messy and hard to open. I bought a can opener that is also used to take off the lid. I put it in a small container. Then add some to her regular food. Makes the miko last longer

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the can man be messy and hard to open. I bought a can opener that is also used to take off the lid. I put it in a small container. Then add some to her regular food. Makes the miko last longer
Oh yeah, wet catfood containers need some adjustments! Why does every can SQUIRT??! Geez... I just hope she likes it!

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat food can be pricey so I just bought a bunch of Dr Elseys Turkey on chewy. There is a thread on here that talks about food on sale. I'll try to find it.
2 of my cats eat dr elseys chicken and turkey . I only feed canned also
Other cat canidae chicken duck and canidae fronteir trail chicken which is no longer on chewy but is elsewhere
What thread????I would like to look ....And also Ive seen where some members say u can get free samples for different foods...Not on the thread u r talking about but in general can get samples of cat food to try...I asked chewy..n they dont give out samples they said

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
CatLover49 CatLover49

Here is the forum where people will post about food deals: Cat Food Deals Forum?

As far as free samples, Dr. Elsey's will send you samples of their wet and dry if you email them directly from their main website.

Rawz will send you free samples as well if you email them from their website.

I'm sure there are others, but I personally have gotten samples from Dr. Elsey's and Rawz. Good luck!

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ezcomplete will give a sample too, if you're looking for homemade. And alnutrin I think

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Arrived, I tasted it, it was gross. I don't like turkey. Specter didn't care, she shoved in her mouth what I offered and seemed to tolerate or like it; can't tell when your cat's a COW. Anyways, seem's a mission success, however; I will watch for any changes (puking, etc) and update..

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Arrived, I tasted it, it was gross. I don't like turkey. Specter didn't care, she shoved in her mouth what I offered and seemed to tolerate or like it; can't tell when your cat's a COW. Anyways, seem's a mission success, however; I will watch for any changes (puking, etc) and update..
U talking about the Miko cat FOOD??My boy didnt like it..But hes a little picky though

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Widh my boy had liked it..
well, it does taste strange. Tastes like....Idk, dog foody to me when I tested it personally. My cat like stinky nasty foods like makeral tho, so maybe that played a part..
So thats going in ure rotation??
We'll see! So far so good, but if it doesn't sit right I will try to get a refund. Tiki cat was out of stock (the kind we get anyways) and this was cheaper and in stock so fingers crossed it goes well, then maybe sheba can go; tiki cat can stay, miko, and home cooked U-stew or Ezcomplete could be our rotation. Still looking for a good kibble as a treat and back up since we get stranded and snowed-in every year to the point where delivery and travel isn't an option. I have some kibble, but I'm not a fan of it. (peas, lentils, .....Kibble stuff. truly a backup last resort)

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
well, it does taste strange. Tastes like....Idk, dog foody to me when I tested it personally. My cat like stinky nasty foods like makeral tho, so maybe that played a part..

We'll see! So far so good, but if it doesn't sit right I will try to get a refund. Tiki cat was out of stock (the kind we get anyways) and this was cheaper and in stock so fingers crossed it goes well, then maybe sheba can go; tiki cat can stay, miko, and home cooked U-stew or Ezcomplete could be our rotation. Still looking for a good kibble as a treat and back up since we get stranded and snowed-in every year to the point where delivery and travel isn't an option. I have some kibble, but I'm not a fan of it. (peas, lentils, .....Kibble stuff. truly a backup last resort)
Aint Tiki cat got fish in all theirs??

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aint Tiki cat got fish in all theirs??
We only get after dark that is all mammal with fish oil, which is the best line and probably why it was out of stock. Some of the flavors (quail and chicken, lamb and chicken i think) are still available, and it tastes and looks just like..meat. Pretty good stuff! First time she ate it, she sucked it up so fast she choked; so it was a hit to say the least! however... I don't like depending on companies so looking into home made still