Might He Be A Ragdoll Mix?

greypaws

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

This is just a curiosity, I really don't care what he is, his breed is 'mine' and I love him to pieces  
  Long story short, I adopted him about 6 weeks ago, shelter says he's 2-3 yrs old. Recently a friend visited, whom took one look at him and said he was a Ragdoll MIX. Never heard of Ragdolls before. He has medium length black hair, weighs 12#, has huge kitty paws, jade green eyes, no white although he has gray on his belly and stray gray hairs throughout his coat. After friend left, I looked up Ragdoll breed description and" every single personality trait" that they have, so does Mr. Sparks. He is the most dog like cat I've ever owned, which is perfect, as I'm a dyed in the wool dog person, whom decided due to our age limitations, an indoor cat is a better option for us. Guess the breed is fun, while mostly pointless, I'd still be interested in what the cat experts thoughts are 

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I presume if you fancy him to be a ragdoll mix, so why not?  Especielly as there ARE solid colored ragdolls too.  Not all of them are points.  So theoretically, he could even be a purebred  ragdoll.  Its fully possible sounding by the description.

Although I wouldnt not put  money on it at the money-betting shop.   :)

We others  put our already taxed money into the domestic medium hair cathegory.,  DMH.   :)

Main thing, you both are happy with each other  Which you apparently are!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greypaws

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I've laughed in years past when dog folks ask this question and pix aren't even close to what they are thinking. So I rather started this thread with tongue in cheek. I was actually shocked that Mr Sparks ticked off all the personality traits of Ragdoll. DMH with major cool personality traits, sounds like the better bet.

I'm a volunteer dog walker at the shelter I adopted him from. Was actually looking for four months for a midsize dog that would work with my grand dogs. Our last Whippet had passed away & our house just didn't feel like a home. I fell for a couple of pups but they needed to be onlys. One day wandered into the adult community cat room. One of staff members was telling me about Mr. Sparks, she got me at 'loves belly rubs'. Perfect compromise for a dog person and he's a big boy, so everything has fallen into place beautifully. He tolerates the grand dogs and when he wants quiet, he goes to his cat sanctuary which I set up in my master bed suite. He sleeps at the foot of our bed, his choice, LOL The boy once had a good owner and start in life. After 20+ years of Greyhounds and Whippets, we just couldn't be happier with the new addition to our heart and home. Well that was TMI, thanks for letting me share.

zzkittenzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Whatever the breed may be, he is absolutely gorgeous. I too, was seeking answers on my kitty. Some say she is Siamese, Ragdoll or Himalayan. She has the personality that makes me smile and laugh at just about everything she does. When I raise my voice to say no, she yells back at me with her meow. It's so hilarious. So when she does something she isn't suppose to, I can't be mad. LoL. She was pure white with black nose and tips. As she grew older she became darker and longer hair. The eyes [emoji]128064[/emoji] just leave me breathless! [emoji]10084[/emoji] I'll attach a picture right before I got her and what she looks like now.
As for your fur baby, I'm in love with his looks too! I'm betting he runs the place as his own and you just occupy his space. Well that how my baby girl, Bella thinks anyway. I'm guessing. Cats are so mysterious and watching their every move and guess what they'll do next is so exciting. For me at least. Happy Holidays to you and your family, and hopes santa brings something extra special for your furbaby. [emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]127873[/emoji][emoji]127876[/emoji][emoji]128576[/emoji].

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think yours point is a same as in this trhead:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/331679/help-me-id-my-kittys-breed#post_4166226,

a less usual combo of siamese and burmanese points.  They arent common, but not unique, once you learned they DO exist, and what to look for.

Its funny, it can go more than a year without any of them, and suddenly we have two simultaneously... 

It would be better with more good pics, and more exact details on the exact changeling process - but this is my guess at this moment.  M mixed of point genes.

Of course a seal poing (ie black point) whom is much outside in teh winter cold, will too darken quite hastily, perhaps even before its adult.