Midwestern Maine Coon breeders

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pouncerpawz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Trust me I have thoroughly scoured the internet including Google. there just doesn't seem to be a a good organization of Maine coon breeders out there

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Metatron Eyes in Arkansas?
MetatronEyes Maine Coons

Unfortunately, they closed their waiting list a few months ago and not sure when it will reopen. I'm on it, have been for almost 1-1/2 years now. Supposedly we were going to be up for a kitten around December/January but now with Covid, not sure when timing will really wind up being.

They do not answer emails since all info is on the website (FYI, breeding is not their main job, they are photographers as you will easily be able to tell from the site). They tried for a long time but the amount of people contacting them is enormous and they just couldn't keep up with all the emails.

If interested I'd suggest following them on Facebook. If you're not in a rush and like the look of their cats, it might be worth the wait. For us, while waiting we decided to get a Maine Coon from another breeder close to home, mainly because we knew her already and the timing turned out good for us last summer. However, I'm loathe to pull myself off the Metatron list, as I love their cats. Once you follow them you'll understand why. Not sure how I'll get to Arkansas and back again with a kitten but I'll give it my best shot plus our kitten will be 1 in a few weeks, and really could use a young friend as our other cat is a senior and while they get along, not really up to her speed.

FYI the first cat you posted I recognize. He's one of Robert Sijka's cats, he's also a professional photographer. Him and his wife life in China if I remember correctly. I don't know about the 2nd one, looks like a private photo.

Remember too, in professional photos the cats typically have been well groomed prior to the shoot so they may look a bit different in person. And they are shooting for the best facial angle too. Our girl, who is gorgeous, is a hot mess most days LOL. She's a pet, not a model. She's dusty, and has boogers in her eyes that I'm constantly cleaning her of. Her belly fur is all curly and mats easily, and if you aren't really on top of grooming this will get away from you fast (we learned the hard way, as she hates being groomed and we're now paying the price of it). They are great cats, but at least for us, very different in personality than any other cat we've had.

Our girl is from a breeder in South NJ. This is Luna from about a month or so ago. Maybe 2 months? She'll be a year old in 3 weeks. I like this picture I took because she has that severe piercing look you see online, but like I said, that look is not who she is - she's a goofball!
luna judge.jpg