Purraise
Midwest Cat Advocacy Seminar

Sponsored by Alley Cat Allies

Dates: April 13-14, 2007

157 W. Grand Ave.
Chicago, IL 60610
312-644-8338

Only $25 to Attend!

Join Alley Cat Allies and other experts from across the nation to learn how you can unite and mobilize to make nonlethal policies and Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) the norm in your community.

ACAâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Midwest Cat Advocacy Seminar will be a working session covering topics from organizing a base of supporters to learning how the law supports our goals to changing the movementâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s image—and self-image.

Learn more about this conference HERE.

Register online HERE.

Who Should Attend?

ACAâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Midwest Cat Advocacy Seminar is designed for:

experienced feral cat advocates
rescuers
shelter employees
and all others who are invested in changing the treatment of all cats currently entering the animal control system
The seminar will focus on the key factors needed to enact a community TNR policy, including how to understand ordinances, effectively communicate your message, work with animal control agencies and elected officials, and develop a community TNR program that meets everyoneâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s needs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, April 13, 2007
4 p.m. Registration

5-7 p.m. Reception—Meet and Greet the Experts and Your Colleagues

Saturday April 14, 2007 (lunch provided)
8 a.m. Registration

9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Midwest Cat Advocacy Seminar

Online Registration Available Now!

Conference registration ends Sunday, April 8, 2007

For questions or to learn about upcoming seminars in your area e-mail us at [email protected], or call us at (240) 482-1980, ext. 331, or toll-free at 866-309-6207.

http://www.alleycat.org/midwest_cat....y&auid=2405204

linda_of_pgff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Midwest Cat Advocacy Seminar

ACAâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Midwest Cat Advocacy Seminar will be a working session covering topics from organizing a base of supporters to learning how the law supports our goals to changing the movementâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s image—and self-image.
Hehe. I could use this myself at the moment. I am feeling very burned out and unappreciated.

If anyone from the Mid-Atlantic goes, and can come back and teach me how to build a base of supporters and how to convince people that advocacy matters .... I'd love that.

I feel like the feral cat world right now has a serious lack of cohesion. There are some very good organizations working really hard to organize support and to be on the ground helping people with feral cats, but there is no reliable communication among them. There seems to be an "old boy network" thing going on, at the expense of the cats and their caretakers. I hope that advocacy seminars can help people to see the need to form up, to establish actual feral cat programs, and to build capacity among a huge force of individuals. I would like for there to be a generation of feral cat activists for the torch to pass on to within the next ten years!