midnight is being bad

soopermouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ever since the move,her attitude has changed.  She runs and bounces off the walls,meows a lot, scratches things and if I lock her in the livingroom to get some sleep she raises hell- opens the door by jumping on handle,pulls books off the shelves etc.

I got a feliway diffuser and the first night the difference was visible- less meowing and running.Second night back to running stalking and jumping.

She'snot sick. She eats well, poops normally, is energetic and alert.

But the whole move thing seems to have distraught her- she was of after the move then turned into a little menace.

Will Feliway work again? What can I do? I need sleep

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, sorry your having this problem.

How long ago was the move? If I remember correctly, it's only been a couple of weeks? She definitely needs more time to adjust. Most cats HATE change, while some never seem to mind. She may just need some play time to burn up some of that energy and tire her out. I would try giving her a good work out, followed by a bedtime meal, just before your ready for bed.

The feliway diffusers usually take about a week to even show any results and they are supposed to last 30 days. 1 for each room is usually best.

In time she'll get used to the new place. She may also just be enjoying all her new space

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soopermouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i was thinking of that,thank you. yes it's been only a couple of weeks but she's scaring me.  truth is, it has been an unholy amount of change this summer. 

With my new job,I am away from home 12 hours a day. That's too much. She's lonely. And she is becoming destructive. She took all the toilet paper off the roll and shredded it in the bathtub.Broke a lamp by pushing it down then jumping on it.

So as soon as money's OK,I'm gonna get her spayed,and then after that try to get her a playmate.

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes! Spaying her will help A LOT! I hadn't realized she wasn't yet. This is probably the problem, so yes, get her spayed asap.