Midi you are so missed and always loved

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few people know that a while back I lost my sweet Midnight (Midi) I have been so heartbroken that I wasn't able to post this until now. There are no words that can adequately describe how much he meant to me. One day I will add a little more.

Midi you were the best friend I could ever ask for, you will always be loved. Thank you for being such a dear friend

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Midnight, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

You've "heard" me say this over and over, but it is the deepest truth I know...love does not die, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. Midi's love for you, now translated and purified into Love, is with you still, and will be until you meet again. For Love abides, always, forever, Love abides.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. We deal with our losses differently. Sometimes grief paralyzes us, or puts us in denial, or worse. But it is important that we know we are all in this together. We are here for you. Just hang in there, and try to just remember the happiest days you had with your beloved kitty, because I am sure Midi would not want you to feel sad.

My thoughts are with you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was unable to function for so long, I know how the mere thought of our little ones can break your heart all over and how the grief can consume and take over your life.
Even going through the horror of losing others you love over and over again does nothing to lessen the heartbreak. Each loss is like tearing a hole in your soul, a hole that takes a long time to heal and even then leaves a permanent scar.
As someone said long ago, '"do not make his death more important than his life", and though we all do that in the beginning, it is the climbing back out of that ocean of misery that is so terribly hard. To dwell on all the mistakes we made, to regret every move, will come easy. Because not one of us is perfect, and regret and blame are a part of grief. The feelings of loneliness, of emptiness in our life, is real. The routines we had are shattered, there is a real absence in our homes that makes us feel isolated, more alone than we have ever been.
It is important to try to concentrate on the love and the life we shared with them, not to make ourselves miserable with the feelings of loss, but to fill that hole that has appeared with something besides pain. That we found that love and shared our life's journey for a while with someone so very important to us, who became our world for a while, is one of life's miracles. To have never had him in your life at all would have been tragic. Though it would have spared you the pain you are feeling now, you would have also missed the joys and happiness he brought to your world. and those are what are important and oh so precious. Thank him for bringing that joy to your life, just as he thanks you for giving him a home and what he wanted most in this world, someone to love. Because of that love, he would never want you to be so sad. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, so he wants for you.... to go forward into the future carrying his love and allowing it to grow even stronger by adding more love to it. You will always have his love, it is a part of you. He will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers. The 'essence' of who he is, his spirit, is spiritual, so eternal, and forever bonded to you. He will forever be a part of your life because he is a part of your past.
Take care of yourself. You are stronger than you think. Though this is one of the hardest things you will ever go through it starts with a single step towards your future, a future made better because his love will be there with you. Though you may stumble and fall at times, draw on the strength of your love and get back up. You are not alone, we are here and have stood in your shoes. We will lend you strength when yours is gone, we can empathize because sooner or later everyone will stand in those shoes, we are legion.......RIP precious Midnight. You will never be forgotten, you will have a secure place in a loving heart for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
He was gorgeous, and he is fine now just fine, happy and healthy again and patiently waiting to see you again one day down the line so you and he can put the half of your heart back together that was broken the day he left you. :rbheart: :alright:

I fully understand how you feel, and the current state of the world and Covid and worry and stress I feel magnifies all bad things we feel 200 times more than usual.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Midnight, today marks one year since you left. I pray that you know I helped you pass because I love you, and watching you suffer with something that would not get better was not something I could do. My heart is still in a million pieces, you were such an important part of my life. I miss you so much and think of you every day. Especially at night when I make sure I light the electric candles by your urn, I haven’t missed one day. Your brothers miss you too and the life lessons you taught them, you were such a good boy to them, the little dummies still can’t open doors, I bet the wish they paid more attention to their wise teacher.

Thank you for being such a wonderful friend.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Midnight, today marks one year since you left. I pray that you know I helped you pass because I love you, and watching you suffer with something that would not get better was not something I could do. My heart is still in a million pieces, you were such an important part of my life. I miss you so much and think of you every day. Especially at night when I make sure I light the electric candles by your urn, I haven’t missed one day. Your brothers miss you too and the life lessons you taught them, you were such a good boy to them, the little dummies still can’t open doors, I bet the wish they paid more attention to their wise teacher.

Thank you for being such a wonderful friend.
💔😞😿🌈💝💖
Sometimes the greatest love we can show them is to release them from their pain and suffering. He is at peace and will meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.:alright::grouphug2::grouphug::bigeyes::petcat: