Midi (Midnight) says hello

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly, it is really difficult, Midi was such a huge part of my day to day life. He was always with me, whether is be me working out in the basement, working from my home office, watching TV and my best napping and sleep buddy. There are times when it feels like my heart is being crushed in a vice. Peter and Murray are starting to come around, Peter was very depressed and slept in the spare room all the time. He is now starting to interact with me and Murray. Midi was such a huge presence. God I miss him so much. Thank you for asking. How are you doing? has your business been impacted by COVID-19?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I completely understand. I remember those feelings. Especially with Angel, I guess because he was with me the longest.
I'm glad to hear that Peter is coming back around.

My buissines has only been affected a little. Thankfully, I have some clients that already worked from home, and others that are retired, so not much changed for them financially. I had a monthly client that worked on the PGA tours, so his pay was cut, and he had to discontinue my cleaning. He said hopefully it would be temporary. I hope so too. My mom said she saw that they were supposed to start up again in July, so I'll wait to see if he has me resume. 🤞🙏. There is also a retired dentist who travels a lot. I haven't heard from him. The last time I went to clean, it (last mo.) was clear that he hadn't been home since I had been there 2 wks prior, because a note I left was still there, & everything still clean. Being out of town a lot, sometimes he forgot, and would send me a check if I had cleaned. This time, since he hadn't been there, I just left. I texted him about it, & didn't hear bk, so after a wk, I called & left a message. Its been over another wk, and still nothing.
I had said that I hope he was ok & safe, but needed to see if he wanted to continue w/ biweekly Cleaning, or would he like to switch to monthly. To please let me know something, because as of now, its become a void in my in my income, and I can't have that. I still haven't heard from him,
so he is no longer on my schedule. I hope he's ok, but I am trying to fill that spot now.
It has to be another pretty easy or small job, because I also do my chiropractors office that day. So its a little over a $400/ mo. cut for me. Thankfully, I can still pay my bills, but it's tight, and no extra money right now.

I haven't posted about it, because its a whole seperate thread, but I FINALLY got a new place!!! "Only took 20 months!" Can't believe I had to live with my parents again for that long!! But..care credit finally got paid off that way too, so....

Maybe I'll try to post about it soon.

(Well, I guess everyone is caught up w/me now 😊).

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly congrat on the place, that is wonderful news!! Glad to hear the the impacts to your business have been minimal. Any thoughts on getting another kitty?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly congrat on the place, that is wonderful news!! Glad to hear the the impacts to your business have been minimal. Any thoughts on getting another kitty?
Thanks Eric! No, not right now. Unfortunately, the rent is at the top of my budget, and if I got one, it would be a non refundable $200 deposit, PLUS, $25 extra a mo/ rent!! Plus, be able to feed good food, & pay for care. Sooo, maybe once my buissines fills back in, & maybe, now that my landlord has seen how clean I am, (he commented on it when here for a repair) ,
IF he would consider only doing the deposit, & not charging extra a month. I mean the deposit would be free money for him anyway! Plus, after going through cancer with both my first babies, I'd like to also be able to afford insurance!
So unfortunately, its just not looking like any time soon.
For now, there are a couple of strays that have shown up not to long after I got here.
(Moved in on April 4th). I wasn't going to start feeding them, they seemed well fed & ok. But.... After they started hanging out more, I did buy treats. The girl upstairs said she was pretty sure the people who lived here before fed them. So, I decided just in case they were depending on it/ needing it, to buy some food. I didn't want them to be hungry, if they were. Its. Boy & girl. Tortie girl, who thank goodness does look like she's been TNR'd, & a long sleek black boy, who needs to be TNR'd, but its hard to find anyone doing anything right now w/ all this virus stuff going on. They are skiddish, so mot sure if I'd be able to trap him anyway, but would try if I got help. Ill post pictures of them when I start a thread.
So for now, I'll just feed them breakfast & dinner, & keep fresh water out there for them. (I already had a little chat w/ God, telling him thanks for the kitty company, but Please do not let them ever come up here injerred or anything because I couldn't afford to help them, if I could even catch them!). So 🙏🙏🤞🤞

I wish I could pet them, but they won't let me get that close. When I come out, they back off the patio. They'll come up to the screen door, but if I get to close, they'll back up a little. They've never hissed or anything seem sweet, but skiddish.

I hope you have been able to at least work from home.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Eric ,
How are you doing? I know things may be tough for quite awhile.
I know you must be missing your sweet Midi so very much.
I feel as time passes , it is even more difficult. I am missing my Mittens so so much. Life is just not the same without him , seems so cold and lonely.
Shadow still seems lonely, but luckily is eating fine and all. I surely don't need him sick now. How are your two boys doing , still missing Midi?
Peter doing any better?
Yes , they are missed so much cause they were a huge part of our lives , our day , especially when they are sick , giving medicines and all.
I miss all that. I loved caring for my kitty , and would gladly have done it for life , just to have him by my side.
Like the saying goes , one day at a time.
Take care my friend. Give your other two kitties a hug and cuddle from me.

angels mommy angels mommy Congrats on your new place. So happy for you.
Yes , pets can be so expensive , especially when they become sick.
Pet insurance is certainly a great thought. If I ever get a young kitty , I would consider it.
I sure wish kitties would come to my door. I would love to adopt another one , as I only have one now. We are both too lonely since my other kitty passed. I would love another orange , ginger one. They are so very sweet and mellow. They love to chill and watch t.v. with you , which I just love.
Congrats again on your new place. You must start a new thread , telling us all about it. Post pictures too please. I just loved how you decorated your last place. Hope your business picks up soon. Too bad you didn't live near me. I could sure use your help!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loving Mickey Loving Mickey ,. Thank you so much.
Yes, I will have to start a thread. Maybe I'll get time this weekend. 😊
Yes, I've been lucky that both Angel & Sammie both showed up on my porch.
But unlucky in both of them ending up w/ cancer! I do pray that I will be able to get another kitty one day, but this time, I will adopt a young one from my vets!

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Eric , just checking in to see how you are doing?
I hope you and your two kitties are well.
How is Peter? Any better?
Thinking of you always!

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for checking up on me. It has been difficult; most days I am ok, then out of the blue a memory of Midi kicks me in the stomach. God I miss him so much. He was such a great cat and dear friend. I am still feeling too raw to leave a tribute. Peter is better, he is crawling all over me as I write this.