Midi (Midnight) says hello

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to read your latest update. I haven't been on the site too much lately , but after reading your latest news,I had to log in and post. I am truly sorry for what you are both going through. I will pray for a miracle for your sweet Midi. Believe me , I know the pain you are going through. You feel so lost and hopeless and just want your sweet kitty to have more time.
I know people always say I understand , but believe me when I say I do.
You may not remember that in a previous post on your thread I mentioned that my kitty Mittens was suffering from CKD as well and I knew he didn't have much time left. Sadly , he did pass away. He became very weak and passed in my arms. He did pass naturally at home , but the pain and heartbreak is the same.
Yes , those little kitties leave a huge hole in our hearts and take our hearts with them when they must leave us. My Mittens was such a shy and quiet kitty that one would think "how could such a quiet little kitty be missed so much". Well , let me say that they are. Both my home and heart is so lonely and empty without that sweet kitty by my side.
I have not even posted in the "crossing the bridge" forum yet.
I just can't seem to do it. I will one day , but not yet.
Sorry , don't mean to keep going on about my kitty.
This is about your sweet Midi. I just wanted to explain , so you would know that I truly do understand. I am not just saying words that I think you want to hear. I do understand and my heart is breaking for you.
I will keep both you and Midi in my prayers , and I will pray for Midi to have more time with you.
Just love him and give him lots of cuddles.
My heart is with you both!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Eric, I'm so saddened to hear this.
Even though we know its coming, its always to soon. As mama africa said, its the ultimate gift to help them along, and end any suffering, but yes, it is the hardest thing we'll ever do.
We are all here for you. I'm here if you need anything. You were always there for me during those times. :hugs:
My thoughts and prayers will be with you my friend. 💙
Give that sweet boy kisses for me, and tell him his friends Angel & Sammie will be there.
Sending you big hugs!!

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is devastating news. I'm heartbroken to hear it. Midi was one of the first cats I met here on the Catsite. I can only imagine how hard this is for you, Eric, but I hope you can take comfort in the knowledge that you've been a magnificent custodian to him. His beginnings might have been difficult but you've made his remaining years ones of love, comfort and health. In my field I see pets treated so badly, as if they're disposable and easily replaced. Midi simply could not have asked for a better person with whom to share his final years.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My thoughts are with you at this exceptionally difficult time. 💔 Please take comfort in knowing that Midi and you shared something special. Your love and devotion will guide him on his journey where he will once again be pain free. :hugs:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As hard as I know it was, doing it was your final act of love and kindness for him.

I'm heartbroken as I know you are too.

We're all here for you, and so many members know exactly how you're feeling.
I agree. Midi knows how very much he is loved. By you, and now by many of us. 💙
Sending hugs to you my brother. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Eric,
Just saw your post. AWWW. I am So Sorry that Midi is gone. 😥 But I'm glad that he didn't suffer. He was such a vital part of The Cat Site. We always looked forward to hearing about Midi's latest escapades
. ;) He was such a sweet cat. He was So Lucky to have someone like you to be his furrever friend. We will really miss him. I hope you still pop in from time to time, to keep us up to date on your other lovely pets. Rest In Peace Dear Midi. :redheartpump: Hugs to you and your other pets. :rbheart:

God Bless,
Nancy, Rascal, Shadow, and Gidget.

sympathy_card_for_the_loss_of_a_cat-rb1a31673662a44e894fea662d8ebe838_xvua8_8byvr_512.jpg

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi again Eric,
Just found this sweet video by Kermit The Frog, from The Muppet Movie. He is singing that song called "The Rainbow Connection." It's always been one of my favorite Muppet songs. Thought this would be a nice tribute to Midi. Hope you can see this. I found it on YouTube.

Take Care,
Sincerely,
Nancy, Rascal, Shadow, and Gidget

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your sorrow. The greatest love we can show them is not letting them suffer. even though it breaks our hearts and wounds our soul. He is watching over his loved ones and will someday meet you at the Rainbow bridge. We are always here for you with moral support and ready to lend an ear and a shoulder to lean or cry on. Bless you for the care you have given, thank you for sharing and letting us enjoy his pictures and stories.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi again Eric, just wanted to add my sincere condolences on this thread as well as in my pm to you. I truly am sorry on the passing of your sweet Midi.
Yes , he knows how much he was loved and still is. He will always remain in your heart. The pain you are feeling may ease as time goes by , but it will always remain. The pain is what we all must endure for loving these kitties as much as we do.
However , even knowing that we will experience this pain , I am sure we would still give our kitties a home and our love.
Midi is now with my sweet Mittens and my Mickey and all the other sweet TCS kitties that have passed ( and there are so many special ones).
Your Midi is not alone at all and he also still has you (where he will remain safely in your heart for a lifetime and beyond.
Take Care my dear friend. Know that I am here if you need to talk about your sweet Midi.
I will gladly listen always.
Hugs , Gloria

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Eric,
Just checking in with you to see how you are doing.
Hope you are taking things easy with your two sweet kitties.
Thinking of you always!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Gloria I am managing. This weekend I had my little man cremated. It helps a little knowing he will always be with me. Peter is very depressed, poor little guy. Here is Midi's resting place. Thanks for reaching out

Attachments

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Eric ,
Beautiful resting place you have set up for your sweet Midi.
I had Mittens cremated and set a special place for him also , with a small lighted tree next to him. He loved looking at the Christmas tree and lights.
He hated being in a dark room , always seemed frightened. I always made sure I left a light on for him and the small t.v. as he loved watching t.v. with me.
Yes , it is nice that they will be with us always. That can be a small comfort to our hearts.
I sure do wish they were both here with us physically , though.
I wish I could just hold my sweet Mittens once more.
I miss him more than words can express.
Also , poor Shadow is so very lonely without his kitty brother.
My heart breaks for him as well.
Take care my friend! Just try taking one day at a time. It is the only thing we can do as we grieve our precious kitties.
I am here for you anytime you need to talk!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, Eric. I'm so sorry about Midi having to leave you. What a wonderful and special boy he was and what a wonderful and special life you gave him. I fell in love with him the moment I saw his sweet, elegant face.

His final resting place really does him justice, it's so beautiful and peaceful in its simplicity.

Thank you so much for letting us share his journey with you. I'm too overwhelmed with tears to say any more but please know that you and Midi (and Peter) are in my heart.

Pejzaz-z-tecza.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Eric. I'm so sorry about Midi having to leave you. What a wonderful and special boy he was and what a wonderful and special life you gave him. I fell in love with him the moment I saw his sweet, elegant face.

His final resting place really does him justice, it's so beautiful and peaceful in its simplicity.

Thank you so much for letting us share his journey with you. I'm too overwhelmed with tears to say any more but please know that you and Midi (and Peter) are in my heart.

View attachment 336888
Hi Margd thanks for the kind note. I can't believe he is gone. my world is so empty without my special little old man