• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
😍 Awww, look at that sweet boy.💙
Hows he been feeling?
HI Kelly

Sadly he is at the last stages of kidney failure. I think I will be lucky if he makes it a week. The vet recommended that when he stops eating that we ease his suffering. She normally doesn't make home visits to perform euthanasia but she really has a soft spot for him and wants to make it as easy as she can on him.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Eric, I'm so sorry to hear that. 😢
You know we are all here for you.
Sending hugs & saying prayers my friend.
please give Midi some kisses & love'ns for me. 💙
Im here if you need me. You were always there for me. Especially with Angel.
Crazy, tomorrow, the 5th will be 4 yrs already! Going to go to Traders Joe's & see if I can get some blue hydrangeas.💙
You guys will be in my thoughts & prayers.
:hugs:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This absolutely breaks my heart, Eric. Midi was one of the first cats I met on this site and he's always held a special place in my heart. In all honesty, he's one of the luckiest animals out there. You've given him such fantastic care over the years. He simply could not have had a better custodian.

Please continue to update on how he's doing.

Give him a few pets from me and my furry crew.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Eric, I'm so sorry to hear that. 😢
You know we are all here for you.
Sending hugs & saying prayers my friend.
please give Midi some kisses & love'ns for me. 💙
Im here if you need me. You were always there for me. Especially with Angel.
Crazy, tomorrow, the 5th will be 4 yrs already! Going to go to Traders Joe's & see if I can get some blue hydrangeas.💙
You guys will be in my thoughts & prayers.
Thank you Kelly, your prayers are so appreciated. He had a good weekend but today is not a red banner day for my sweet boy. He really is not interested in eating. I am going to buy some nice fish and cook it for him.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope Midnight pulls through. Thinking and praying for you.
Thank you, sadly as the vet said he is now really in palliative care. I am trying to make his last days as comfortable as I can and shower him in love. I hope he realizes how special he is to me and how much I love him.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This absolutely breaks my heart, Eric. Midi was one of the first cats I met on this site and he's always held a special place in my heart. In all honesty, he's one of the luckiest animals out there. You've given him such fantastic care over the years. He simply could not have had a better custodian.

Please continue to update on how he's doing.

Give him a few pets from me and my furry crew.
Thanks for your message. A part of me is in denial, he has been such a huge part in my life. He has helped me through some really rough times. I will give him a pet from you.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Kelly, your prayers are so appreciated. He had a good weekend but today is not a red banner day for my sweet boy. He really is not interested in eating. I am going to buy some nice fish and cook it for him.
I'm sorry to hear that Midi is not having a good day. I hope the fish entices him to eat. :fish:
Have you tried cerina to help increase his appetite? Has the vet mentioned trying it? It's the only way I could get Sammie to eat a little for me in her last month. It's worth a try! I would hold her bowl for her, & say "eat a little bit for mommy?" "Just a little bit?" and tell her good girl when she would eat, & I think that encouraged her to eat just a little bit more. Anything to get as much in her as I could!
Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that Midi is not having a good day. I hope the fish entices him to eat. :fish:
Have you tried cerina to help increase his appetite? Has the vet mentioned trying it? It's the only way I could get Sammie to eat a little for me in her last month. It's worth a try! I would hold her bowl for her, & say "eat a little bit for mommy?" "Just a little bit?" and tell her good girl when she would eat, & I think that encouraged her to eat just a little bit more. Anything to get as much in her as I could!
Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

Thanks Kelly I will give the Cerina a try. I honestly don't know how you did it with the loss of your two precious ones. This is so, so difficult. I still often think of Angel and Sammie, you were an amazing kitty mom, there are no words to convey how much respect I have for you for all that you did for those two little souls. :hugs:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much Eric. It definitely was not easy. I never expected to lose two fur babies within 3 years! After everything I went through with Angel, I just knew Sammie would be my healthy girl. (especially after showing up on my porch 7 months TO THE DAY I lost Angel!)
Little did I know I'd only get 2 yrs & 2 and a 1/2 months with her, vs/ 6 & 1/2 yrs w/ Angel. (I still think there must have been something in the kitty gene pool over at my old place, where they both came to me. For both to end up w/ cancers! )
I definitely learned a lot from those experiences!
Trying the Cerina can't hurt. I really hopes it helps. Let me know how it goes.
Give that handsome boy a big kiss form his Auntie Kelly!!

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm keeping you and Midnight in my thoughts, Eric. I can't even imagine what you're going through. Like I said, though, he simply couldn't have had a better caretaker than you. I hope you can take some comfort in that.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I've not been on the forums for months but for some reason, Midi has really been on my mind the last 24 hours or so. That dear elegant gentleman won my heart many years ago, as he has with so many others. I'm so sorry to hear that he's not doing well. Please give him a kiss from me and tell him I adore him. Dear, dear Midi. What a very special guy you are. :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm keeping you and Midnight in my thoughts, Eric. I can't even imagine what you're going through. Like I said, though, he simply couldn't have had a better caretaker than you. I hope you can take some comfort in that.
thank you, the little guy had a good day today. He found the energy to give his young brother a smack when he was checking out Midi in his little hide out

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've not been on the forums for months but for some reason, Midi has really been on my mind the last 24 hours or so. That dear elegant gentleman won my heart many years ago, as he has with so many others. I'm so sorry to hear that he's not doing well. Please give him a kiss from me and tell him I adore him. Dear, dear Midi. What a very special guy you are. :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump:
I want to thank your for keeping the little guy in your thoughts. I will give him that kiss for sure and pass on your kind words.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
How is the beautiful Midi? I wish I could reach through the screen and hug and kiss him! :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: I was so glad to hear that he'd had a good day.