Midi (Midnight) says hello

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is the beautiful Midi? I wish I could reach through the screen and hug and kiss him! :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: I was so glad to hear that he'd had a good day.
He did not have a great day today, he almost fell down the stairs. I bolted out of bed when I heard him stumble and then carried him the rest of the way down the stair. Here are some more pictures of him. When he was younger he loved the fireplace. Recently it was not working but made sure to get it fixed today. Now he can spend his last remaining days all cuddled up next to the fire thinking of better days.
thumbnail_20200215_173611.jpg

thumbnail_20200215_185738.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Eric, Im sorry to hear our boy had a bad day. Im glad you were there for him.
I'm sure he is loving sitting by the fire again.
Its good that he's still out and about in the house though, even if just a little.

In Angels last days, he was starting to hide out in the bathroom. The only time he would normally be in the bathroom, was when he was waiting on me to feed him in the mornings.
I think he retreated there, because it was the smallest room in the house. Even hiding between the toilet & tub a couple of times that last week. It was tough seeing him like that. I remember laying on the floor in the hallway, facing him, talking to him. Making sure I was telling him Everything I wanted him to know.

Im so sorry it wasn't a good day, but glad to hear he's not "hiding out." Hows he eating?

Im thinking of you both, sending lots of hugs & love. Give his sweet little face kisses for me! 💙
We're all here for you! :hugs:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, look at that sweet grizzled face! :redheartpump: I can tell he's not feeling well but love seeing him living a cat's dream, comfy on a cushion in front of a fire. It is a good way to spend his last days. Even so, I can not stop crying. I have loved this handsome boy from the moment I first saw that sweet, beautiful face. My heart is with you, Erik as you and Midi spend this bittersweet time together. :redheartpump::hugs:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear your sweet kitty is so ill. My heart broke when I read your latest few posts , as I am facing the same thing with my kitty. He is suffering with CKD and I know the end is very near. He is just not responding to the medications at all anymore. I tried my very best and keep on trying. He mainly just wants to sleep now. I expect him to just stop breathing as he is very weak.
I want you to know that I completely understand what you are going through. Our hearts are broken as we know we are about to lose our precious babies , and there is nothing in this world that we can do to stop it. My heart is with yours as we go through this.
Prayers for your sweet kitty and for you as well!

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear your sweet kitty is so ill. My heart broke when I read your latest few posts , as I am facing the same thing with my kitty. He is suffering with CKD and I know the end is very near. He is just not responding to the medications at all anymore. I tried my very best and keep on trying. He mainly just wants to sleep now. I expect him to just stop breathing as he is very weak.
I want you to know that I completely understand what you are going through. Our hearts are broken as we know we are about to lose our precious babies , and there is nothing in this world that we can do to stop it. My heart is with yours as we go through this.
Prayers for your sweet kitty and for you as well!
I am so so sorry that you and your sweet kitty are going through this. Prayers for both of you. The feeling of helplessness is crushing; like you I would do everything and anything to help my boy. I am going to try to work from home more frequently during this time. When I am at work terrible thoughts are always running in my head, and hoping he is still with me when I get home.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes , they do seem to find some strength to keep on going. It seems like they don't want to leave us , as they know their loss will break our hearts.
I understand about not wanting to leave your sweet boy. I don't want to leave my Mittens either. If I have to go out , I hurry back home. I don't want him to be without me by his side , as he keeps looking for me. If he can't seem to find me , he lets out this pitiful meow cry. It just breaks my heart.
I keep telling him , mommy is right here. His kitty "brother" keeps running to him whenever he cries. They are very close. My heart cries for them both and myself as well.
My prayers and my heart will remain with you and your sweet boy.
May both our sweet boys have some more time.
Your kitty is so sweet looking , a beautiful boy!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Erik, I'm really glad that you'll be able to work from home and spend more time with your dear boy. It will help so much. As Kelly said, it will be a comfort for both you and Midi. It is also a good time to get lots of photos and write about him. When my Milo was in the process of leaving me, for some reason, I went on a writing spree, describing everything he was doing. Later, when he had "flown", going back and reading what I'd written brought a sense of his essence back to me. In that sense, he was still with me, a little bit longer.

It is so hard to leave them when they are this sick. When Milo was so sick, even standing in long, slow-moving lines at the store could be upsetting. It's so good you can be there for Midi.

My heart is breaking for you. Please give that sweet, sweet boy a kiss from me.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Friends

I am happy to say that Midi has been been doing well that past few days. Today I was working from home and he asked me to put him on the desk. When he was younger he didn't have to ask and could easily make his way onto the desk. I think he really enjoyed "helping me work"
Midi March 2020.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so good to hear an update, & a positive one at that. I know its been a little while since I'd heard anything, so was thinking about you guys. I admit, my heart was beating fast what I saw there was an update. Now, I'm only tearing up relieved with the good news! That picture is so sweet with him hiding his cute face to sleep. Please give him big hugs & kisses for me & tell him auntie Kelly loves him.💙
Sending you continued prayers, strength & hugs!

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so good to hear an update, & a positive one at that. I know its been a little while since I'd heard anything, so was thinking about you guys. I admit, my heart was beating fast what I saw there was an update. Now, I'm only tearing up relieved with the good news! That picture is so sweet with him hiding his cute face to sleep. Please give him big hugs & kisses for me & tell him auntie Kelly loves him.💙
Sending you continued prayers, strength & hugs!
Thanks Kelly, I am so happy that he is doing well. He is loving his cat tree house in this picture

march 2020.jpg

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear friends my journey with Midi is near the end, he is fighting but I can't let him suffer any more. I have booked an home visit to help him on his way to the rainbow bridge tomorrow at 11:00am. If we have a miracle I will cancel but sadly don't think this will happen. How can such a little guy leave such a big hole in my heart. Here is a recent picture before the down turn.
20200503_125054.jpg