Midi (Midnight) says hello

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww, I'm sorry to hear about Midi. I hope that he will receive the treatment that he needs so that he will be feeling better real soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I'm sorry to hear about Midi. I hope that he will receive the treatment that he needs so that he will be feeling better real soon.
Midi and I appreciate all the good thoughts from our friends.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops, sorry Eric, I realised I spelled Midi wrong.
Lots of love to him, I hope you are able to get some rest tonight as well.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, poor Midi! I'm glad you are able to be off work to take him in tomorrow. Hang in there buddy boy! Hugs to you both.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
fortunately living in a big city gives us many health care options. I will do everything I can, I took the day off tomorrow to make sure he gets looked at ASAP.
Just pulling for both of you. I was sure there was a new Midnight picture to drool over. Best of everything to both of you.

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Zed. Just saw your post. So Sorry to hear about Midi. Hope he makes a full recovery. Could be a case where he needs more fiber in his diet if he hasn't pooped in a long time. Good thing they gave him that enema. Maybe more wet food would be helpful. My cats eat both wet and dry. So far they have never had any kidney or urinary problems. Guess I have just been lucky. ;) He's such a beautiful cat. Keep us posted on his condition. Get Well Soon Midnight! Hugs! :hugs::redheartpump::crossfingers:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your well wishes, Midi went to the animal hospital again this morning. He had another enema that worked!!! the doctor wants us to focus on the pancreatitis, we have a lot of meds and pain killers. The vet said him eating and staying hydrated are key to beating it. He seems to be in better spirits, he was so happy to come home; he even had a bite to eat and a drink of water. We are not out of the woods yet but a little good news is welcome. Again thank you, I will keep you updated on how things progress. (I am a little intimidated about doing subcutaneous fluids at home)

For our friends :grouphug::grouphug2::hearthrob::hugs::redheartpump: your support means so much to Midi and I :thanks:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, this is very good news! I was a little afraid to open your thread and am so relieved to hear Midi is feeling better, even if he still has a way to go. And I know I'm just one of many who feels that way.

As to the subcutaneous fluids, I've never done this but know there are many members who have managed just fine and will no doubt be able to reassure you and give you tips.

Sending many more vibes and best wishes! :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two year old female tuxedo Thirteen has had bouts with pancreatitis too, Zed. With excellent veterinary support we've done really well. I've had to syringe feed her more times than I'd like but so far (knock wood) we've avoided having to have a feeding tube sewn in. There's no reason to be worried about the subcutaneous fluids. If you have to do them, Midi will probably hardly notice it.

I'm so glad he's doing better!!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, that's better news! Have been checking email all day for updates, but for some reason, hadn't gotten any, so finally just checked myself! (This new format!!)

It's great news that Midi ate & drank on his own. I'm sure he feels much better after a successful enema, poor baby.
Don't worry, if he needs fluids, you can do it!
If I did it, anyone can. I'd come help you, if I lived there!! If you do need to, & would like me to show you how I did it w/ Angel, since I live alone too, I can pm you those pictures, or post them here. Whatever
you need!
So glad you can exhale a little now.
Continued prayers for you both!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
As usual, whenever I see that sweet face, I fall in love all over again! :redheartpump: He does look like he's all tuckered out, poor darling. And what a nice photo of his jelly beans! :bluepaw: :bluepaw:

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just checked in on this thread. That's really good news about Midi. Glad he is making progress. Hope his progress continues. He's such a sweet cat. I made a card for Midi to help him along with his recovery. Good luck on the fluids. Hope that helps in his recovery.

GetWellMidnightcard.jpg

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just checked in on this thread. That's really good news about Midi. Glad he is making progress. Hope his progress continues. He's such a sweet cat. I made a card for Midi to help him along with his recovery. Good luck on the fluids. Hope that helps in his recovery.

View attachment 184886
LOL that is priceless, thank you for the smile