Mia Bell 8 months old rescue.

Dlewis0714

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are trying to figure out what kind of spotted cat we got here. I got Mia as a rescue from pet supermarket for my child as a Christmas present. She loves to play and she is very chatty, especially when it's chow time. I noticed she has spots all over her belly and sides. She's has amazing markings and is beautiful kitten. I attached a few pictures of her. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HI. She is pretty, and looks very sweet! My guess would be that she is a domestic short haired brown broken mackerel tabby. Broken mackerel refers to stripes that are broken up into what looks more like spots than stripes. The 'M' marking on her forehead denotes the tabby label.

I am sure one of our 'experts' will come along soon and correct anything I've gotten wrong!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dlewis0714

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know if i mentioned she has black spots like a wild cat all over her back sides and belly. Also a very small head compared to body size.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a lovely cat! You took excellent pictures of her, too :)

I would describe her as a brown tabby domestic shorthair, and I agree with FeebysOwner FeebysOwner that her pattern would be best described as broken mackerel. Broken mackerel means the mackerel stripes are broken up into spots. It is a fairly common pattern in domestic cats, but that doesn't make it any less beautiful or special! Most cats are not any particular breed.

Spots on the belly are a normal part of the classic and mackerel tabby patterns... so, most tabby cats have those belly spots. Some people call them "vest buttons."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dlewis0714

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really noticed it after I looked some more. It's just broken stripes that looks like spots.