Merrick's dry food

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had any issues with this food with allergies at all?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on which ingredients a particular kind has. I have one cat that gets sores if she eats too much fish, it doesn't matter what brand, so I go for the turkey and chicken flavors. I feed Science Diet weight management since mine are indoors and a little overweight. it doesn't really say a flavor, but I haven't had any problems with it. I also give canned food twice a day, 1 can divided between three cats. I found that grain-free doesn't mean they are low carb, so watch that.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on which ingredients a particular kind has. I have one cat that gets sores if she eats too much fish, it doesn't matter what brand, so I go for the turkey and chicken flavors. I feed Science Diet weight management since mine are indoors and a little overweight. it doesn't really say a flavor, but I haven't had any problems with it. I also give canned food twice a day, 1 can divided between three cats. I found that grain-free doesn't mean they are low carb, so watch that.
If you want real weight loss the less dry you feed the better. Even diet dry food makes it still too hard for them to lose weight. Too much carbs in it. Dr elsey's dry food has less carbs though.

You can check out a list of allergens with Merrick food here: CatFoodDB - Merrick Cat Food Reviews