Meowing super loud?

furbulousbunz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I take my two indoor cats around our property for walks. We have 40 acres and a trail mowed, they follow me around the whole thing.

I've noticed they meow really loud? Like when we get to the back of the property or wherever, they let out this HUGE mroooooooooowww. It surprised me how loud they could get! What is this? Is it something I should be worried about? Or is it just cats being cats? They also meowed--actually it's more like a howl I guess?--like that when I was driving in the car and had them along with me. They looked out the window and let out their howl. It kinda scared me! SO WHAT IS THIS!? Can anyone explain? 

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats are allowed to go outside. If I hear them "howl" I drop everything and see what is going on. It's usually another cat in their territory. They also are loud in the car if  their carriers are not covered by a blanket and they see what is going on.You should check why your kitties are doing it. I never heard of a happy cat howling. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furbulousbunz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Usually they're just walking behind me when they're yowling. They look totally fine. I call my usual "kitty, kitty" to them, they look at me for a second, but they continue to howl. They seem fine. Just really loud!