Menu foods: list of products made by them, but not necessarily on the recall list?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Here is the very short list of FOODS DOcutmented not to be made by menu...

Solid gold

Natural balence

Fromms

the Delmonte brands including meow mix

chicken soup

pinnicle / avoderm / breeders choice

merrick

others either gave conflicting reports or vague ones

Kal KAn
I would also add to that Mars ( which makes Whiskas, Little Sheba, Little Caesar, and Pedigree.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I would also add to that Mars ( which makes Whiskas, Little Sheba, Little Caesar, and Pedigree.
That is the Kal Kan entry but the other name is good too know also

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Solid gold

Natural balence

Fromms

chicken soup

merrick

Kal KAn
What about Evangers? The customer service rep I spoke with yesterday assured me that they use their own plants and have nothing to do with Menu. Is that true?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That is the Kal Kan entry but the other name is good too know also
Actually, I made a mistake, and was trying to delete this. Menu Foods does not make the Mars food at all. I thought this was the list of foods NOT made by Menu Foods.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is looks like it needs an update again

Solid gold

Natural balence

Fromms

chicken soup

merrick

Kal KAn aka Mars

Evangers

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I got suspicious when web sites started posting that their food is safe and not part of the recall. But not stating they weren't made in Menu plants.

Trust me, you aren't the only one who's paranoid.

I've thought about home made and got recipes from Sharkey I will try when I get money for the ingredients and the food processor. However, what's to say that the food we use to make homemade isn't tainted in some way? It's just plain scary.

Anyway, Envangers and Solid Gold are not made in Menu Plant. Evangers has their own plant. Solid Gold doesn't have their own plant, but doesn't use Menu.
Well, there is no guarantee of it not being tainted, however..you have much better control over things, especially if they're fresh foods, since you can wash it, and buy the absolute freshest ingredients possible. And you can sterilize your own kitchen and equipment to the point where you know it's absolutely safe.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is from the 9 Lives website:
Del Monte Pet Products' Response to Recent Pet Food Recalls
The nationwide recall of pet foods by Menu Foods and other companies does not include any products made or distributed by Del Monte Pet Products. Del Monte Pet Products makes or distributes the following brands:

MeowMixÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] Gravy TrainÂ[emoji]174[/emoji]
Kibbles 'n BitsÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] WagwellsÂ[emoji]174[/emoji]
9LivesÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] Jerky TreatsÂ[emoji]174[/emoji]
SnausagesÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] CycleÂ[emoji]174[/emoji]
Pup-PeroniÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] Gravy TrainÂ[emoji]174[/emoji]
Milk-BoneÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] RewardÂ[emoji]174[/emoji]
Meaty BoneÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] SkippyÂ[emoji]174[/emoji]
PounceÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] Canine Carry OutsÂ[emoji]174[/emoji]
Nature's RecipeÂ[emoji]174[/emoji]

Del Monte is committed to delivering safe, high-quality products to consumers and their pets. We deeply regret that this unfortunate incident has impacted families with pets, and we will provide as much support throughout this challenge as possible.

This is part of an email I received from Nutro:

As you may have expected, we are receiving an extraordinary number of inquiries both by email and by phone. We regret that we cannot immediately answer each and every inquiry, due to the volume, and are sending out this information in the interim to those of you who have taken the time to send Nutro an email inquiry.

We also want to assure you that none of Nutro's dry foods, biscuits, or treats were affected by the recall and none are manufactured by Menu Foods.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is looks like it needs an update again

Solid gold

Natural balence

Fromms

chicken soup

merrick

Kal KAn aka Mars

Evangers

Pet Promise

Proctor and Gamble

Purina

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oddness. Seems like the rest of the brands information is dead on with whats has been reported here.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover77

Oddness. Seems like the rest of the brands information is dead on with whats has been reported here.
Ohh it is a wonder any info is accurate ... one company gave four different answers to that one ???

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of Purina's dog foods is on the recall list. Is it documented well that none of their cat foods are made by menu?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

One of Purina's dog foods is on the recall list. Is it documented well that none of their cat foods are made by menu?
Purina only recalled some of there dog pouches not sure if any cat is made by Menu or not

sunspot42

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

Maybe I'll just switch mine to totally dry until they sort all this nightmare out.
I wouldn't count on the dry food being any safer. Dry food is even more heavily processed than most wet food, and typically contains more grains, which ups the risk for contamination with pesticides and fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides and microbial and fungal toxins like aflatoxin.

Hills just recalled one of their dry foods because it too may have contained contaminated wheat gluten. And who's to say other ingredients aren't contaminated as well? The lab which first tested the food two weeks ago found rat poison. Now the FDA says they found Melamine. And that's just in the wheat gluten, apparently. Who knows what they'll find in the cheap corn, oats, rice, soybeans and other legumes and grains they're importing from China and elsewhere to use in pet food.