Mental health struggles?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I was DX with clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder in 1982. I have been on meds ever since and they
are effective. Sometimes doc has to tweak them, If it weren't for the meds I don't know if I would still be here. Exercise
helps a lot, specifically walking, listening to music, and being with Big Cal. I lost my Vincie girl 5 months and have
backslided since then but I take it one day at a time. I also do guided imagery, where I close my eyes and imagine the
most calming scenario, usually walking barefoot on warm white sand, sitting in a chaise lounge on that beach and
reading. Hope this helps :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elemteacherjoy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so, so much. I'm sorry so many people suffer with this, but it does help to know I'm not alone! It also helps reinforce some of the things that my therapist is trying to encourage me to keep up with (such as getting enough sleep). I wish you all well!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so, so much. I'm sorry so many people suffer with this, but it does help to know I'm not alone! It also helps reinforce some of the things that my therapist is trying to encourage me to keep up with (such as getting enough sleep). I wish you all well!
Your therapist is right about sleep. Get it when you can. I have probs with sleep because of a chronic neuropathic pain syndrome so I sleep when I can.. I take naps, haven't had 7-8 hours of sleep in one stretch in almost 20 years.

Never feel alone here. :hugs: 💝
xxxxx

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
~ I think we all know that feeling. Emptiness and pain of a loved one lost. I hope you can afford to adopt a cat or two from the shelter. They are waiting for us ... :hearthrob:
Some shelters will pay for the medical needs of a cat or kitten who is hard to place, so I've been told. I'll see in awhile. Cal is
lonely. She's been following me as a dog would,ha!! I was crying the other day about the Vincie girl and she looked at me,
as though she was concerned, lovely girl.