Meningitis diagnosis

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a call from the radiologist that did my cat’s CT scan. After 3 weeks of balance issues, fatigue and loss of appetite and no one knowing what is going on we have a diagnosis of meningitis. I’m very worried. My Lilly Is presently on Oribax after I noticed something that smelled like pus coming out of her nose. Now I have to worry for a while until my vet gets the CT and calls me back. Any good news stories out there??? Im besides myself.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry no one has responded to your post yet. I did a search on this site to see if I could find other posters whose cats were diagnosed with meningitis and found very little. This one seems to be the most recent, and this poster's cat was treated with Prednisolone.
Seeking Alternate Treatments for Incontinence | TheCatSite. There were a few older posts that referenced possible meningitis, and all of them indicated steroids as being the treatment. In your case it sounds like antibiotics are also warranted.

There were numerous references in posts to this article, but I would imagine you have already seen this information before.
Meningitis In Cats | VCA Animal Hospitals (vcahospitals.com).

Please let us know what you find out about the CT from your vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m still waiting for the vet to actually get the CT scan report. Lilly is presently on antibiotics and seems to be improving. Thank you for answering it helps knowing everyone is out there !

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds awful. It's what killed my paternal grandfather. Hopefully, you've caught it in time.