Menagerie Maxima!

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So. I will update this thread as my population changes, but I will preface this by saying I am not a hoarder. I take very good care of all of my pets and love them very dearly. The fact that I have so many is due to me working in a pet shop and having no social life to speak of. They are my interaction, and help greatly with my depression and anxiety.

I currently have sixteen pets- I will post pictures as I feel like wrestling with my phone to do so. I detail my cat, Autumn, elsewhere, so I'll set her aside for this post.

Norbert, the Norwegian Ridgeback: Okay, so, obviously he's not actually a Norwegian Ridgeback, but that is how he gets his name. Norbert is a Western Minor bearded dragon, about eight months old at the time of this post. He is friendly, spunky, and very food-driven. He enjoys chasing my cat's teaser wand from inside his house, and always wants to come out and play.

Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel: These are my four hermit crabs, and yes I can tell the difference between them all without the shells as the identifier. As I write this, Ricky is actually singing to me (yes, they sing. I'll post a video.) They are, of course, named after the characters from I Love Lucy, the best television program ever put on the air.

Yuuri, Victor, Jar-Jar and Friends: I have a fifty-five gallon aquarium (and no, my cat doesn't even seem to notice that it exists). The only named residents are Victor and Yuuri (named after Yuuri on Ice, my favorite anime), who are silver and black mollies, respectively, and Jar-Jar, a beautiful purple-and-white dumbo half-moon betta fish. Not many people realize this, but bettas can go in with community fish! He's friendly enough, and a very derpy swimmer who can't catch anything else when he does have a coniption fit. He is named for his clumsiness and big, ear-like fins. Also in the tank are some balloon-belly mollies and dwarf gourami. More will be coming, of course- the tank is fairly new.

COMING SOON:
Next weekend, I am planning on obtaining at least the habitat for a Royal (Ball) Python. Depending on the dispositions of the ones at my store, I may or may not hold off on the actual animal. If it is female, I will be naming her either Nagini, Zannah, or Asajj (Harry Potter and Star Wars for the last two, respectively). If it is male, either Salazar, Slytherin, Sidious, or Lovecraft (the last being one of my favorite authors, H.P. Lovecraft.)

And more fish, along with cleaners (snails and shrimp) and African dwarf frogs.

WISH LIST:
Brazillian Pink Bloom Tarantula (female)
Japanese Fire-Belly Newt (in with the aquarium)
Russian Tortoise

PETS I WILL NEVER HAVE:
Children
Dogs
Birds
Horses
Hamsters and the like

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And here's that video of hermit crabs singing. These aren't mine, but this is how they sound. Super cute!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update on your tiny zoo. ;) It must be hard to resist bringing a new best friend home when you work at a pet shop. I will look forward to a few pics when your phone cooperates. :camera:

krazykatjenn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a reasonable number of animals to me (as I sit beside my leopard gecko while watching my fish tank with a dog napping on my feet.)

Oh man, a ball python is totally on my wishlist of pets. They are so chill. What morph are you thinking of getting?

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a standard. I can't afford anything extra, and it's all about the disposition anyways. I work at PetSmart, and they're on sale, /plus/ we get an enhanced associate discount over next weekend, /plus/ I just got a bonus, so... It's time :3

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nagini has arrived and has her own thread.

Here's a family photo of me with my babies under our Pride flag.