Memorializing Mystic with a paw print...

gosssamer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

Our cat Mystic of 17 years is in liver failure and doesn't have long. She came at a time before even knowing my wife, but when she needed it most. I'd like to memorialize Mystic in some way that includes something small that can be hung on the wall. Perhaps a paw print with her name below, in a frame?

Do you have any ideas of things you've done for your pet? I've also seen recommendations to look on etsy, but I'd like ideas for categories of similar presents...

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about Mystic. It is so hard to loose our furry children.

I have miniature felt figured of both of my current cats. My soul kitty from my childhood we have a small ceramic figure with angel wings and I have a tattoo of him. With my current two I will probably get another tattoo in a few years for them.

Etsy does have some really nice figure or painting artists who will do custom pieces of your cat. If I was to do a paw print I would get it in bronze or another metal just so it doesn't fall and break at some point. You could also do a ash memorial piece where you have her ashes worked into a glass item, pendent or something else that you can wear or put in your home.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any ideas but I am so very sorry about idea Mystic.

Hugs for you and your wife,

Mia

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
You can do a paw print on basically anything with some children's nontoxic washable paints.  I have one that I did of one of my dogs paws long ago, I actually just used the Crayola brand washable paints then used a sealer over it on the canvas.  You can do it on fabric or paper and put in a frame too maybe with pictures. All you have to do afterwards is just wash her paw off with a wet washcloth.  It makes it easy and cheap to do as many as you want on whatever surface type you want. I am so sorry to hear you are in this situation, I have been there before.  Hugs and hugs to you all!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For something permanent, though a little expensive, you can get your cats picture laser etched onto a granite 'picture' or even a stone to set in the garden, which is what I did for around a100.00. Every time I walk by, it is surrounded by flowers and absolutely beautiful, the etchings are an exact duplicate of the picture. Just another idea, and it would make a beautiful way to remember your precious girl, I set mine in the garden on the first anniversary of my little girl's passing.  I will keep your sweet Mystic in my thoughts and prayers, I'll pray for a peaceful passing at home with those she loves. 

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi,

Our cat Mystic of 17 years is in liver failure and doesn't have long. She came at a time before even knowing my wife, but when she needed it most. I'd like to memorialize Mystic in some way that includes something small that can be hung on the wall. Perhaps a paw print with her name below, in a frame?

Do you have any ideas of things you've done for your pet? I've also seen recommendations to look on etsy, but I'd like ideas for categories of similar presents...
When my boy was sick last year, before he died I made a paw print.

All it took was flour, salt and a few drops of water.

I'll get the exact recipe if you want.  You mix and bake until hard.

Had I known earlier I probably would have gone to Michaels Craft store or any other and picked up a kit used on infants.

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

I'm wish for you the strength to get through this.

Warmest regards, Hope

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
He is stunning!! A movie star kitty!!

Mia