Memorial Photos,to Celebrate our Love

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone!
My name is Kwik,I'm very new here and already I'm feeling very at home ,realizing how really great it is to be surrounded by"people" that are oddly enough- just like me!!!!!It's not difficult to be kind,to listen,to offer support and encouragemt- after all it's what we hope to receive,isn't it? All ya gotta do is let LOVE pour out...
I've been reading some very heartbreaking threads ,the loss of our beloved fur babies and it triggers so many feelings - so much sadness & then I thought" Gee,just think of the beautiful moments,remember the unconditional love,the good times,the really funny stuff".So I thought it might be nice to have a place to remember those times,to honor our loved ones by sharing photos with one another to say" You're never forgotten"
So please,post photos or share the story of your time God Gave you with a special Blessing wrapped in fur🤗❤

This was my "Cheech",I always wanted a Hemingway after I visited the Hemingway Estate in the Florida Keys....years later I did a breeder a favor & she wanted to say thank you by letting me have the pick of a litter ,I said" yes,yes,yes".....long story short this little orange guy who reminded me of a tough guy named Frankie from Brooklyn tugged at my heart- and so I named him Cheech( Italians nickname for Frank,lol)
He was 5wks old when the breeder had to move,so I took him(& his sister).... This is Cheech as a baby

So Cheech and I had 18 yrs together,he never left my side,went everywhere with me and could not sit beside me without having a paw on my leg,or arm or foot..... My best friend,would look at me from the bedroom door to " come to bed" ,we never slept one night apart( my arm around him with his precious body snuggled in front of my chest)
Lord I miss my boy
IMG_20230601_025816942.jpg
20170511_133255.jpg

Baby Cheech

Last edited by a moderator:

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So Cheech and I had 18 yrs together,he never left my side,went everywhere with me and could not sit beside me without having a paw on my leg,or arm or foot..... My best friend,would look at me from the bedroom door to " come to bed" ,we never slept one night apart( my arm around him with his precious body snuggled in front of my chest)
Lord I miss my boy
He's beautiful ❤

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This was my best friend for 17 years, Nobel. He made the most expressive faces. IMG_20210725_165043941~2.jpg

Even in his old age he was trouble (sitting on my head). It made me so happy to see this geriatric old man getting in trouble.
IMG_20200613_201606246.jpg

He was wild when he was young. This is a photo of him mid zoomies. He did this fully on his own. Don't mind my messy college room!

1909707_28123770144_4696_n.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
This was my best friend for 17 years, Nobel. He made the most expressive faces. View attachment 451155

Even in his old age he was trouble (sitting on my head). It made me so happy to see this geriatric old man getting in trouble.
View attachment 451156

He was wild when he was young. This is a photo of him mid zoomies. He did this fully on his own. Don't mind my messy college room!

View attachment 451157
Oh he's gorgeous- what a big boy!Can't make this stuff up!!!🤗

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is my other late cat whom I discuss regularly. Lilith aka Lily, who's cattitude knew no bounds.
I have 2 memories which still regularly make me laugh.

First is she liked human food. We were having a movie night and some chips and she casually walked in to the chip bag, grabbed a chip and sat down to eat it with us. Here's a photo of her begging like a dog.
Screenshot_20230601-111937-745.png

Second was when she knew Nobel was afraid of water bottles and she was watching him be very very brave and attempt walking over one when he was going through a tight space. She waited until he was mostly over it and reached out and swatted his bum, making him take off. Quite rude but very funny.

She was my cuddle bug.

Attachments

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey strider rose strider rose

I love your name ,especially knowing about your 2 loves combined to make it,wow.... Lily Rose is darling,they're all simply adorable
You'll always be very special to me,the first to extend a hug and welcome me with such warmth- everyone is so warm and caring here,it's a breath of fresh air at TCS!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My Avatar photo is Cheech as well.....I can't help but think of my boy all the time,18 yrs at my side is a long time

When I got Cheech I was working full time training a particular Standardbred stallion who was unmanageable( so they claimed????)so my presence was required for the entire time he was in Florida for racing season.....Cheech came to work with me every day,race nights and emergency calls etccc....stayed in my pocket or on my shoulder....leash trained him as a teeny baby and I could put him on a bale of hay,tied and he'd watch me in & around the stalls,never moved...
Mostly all my cats understand " stay,lie down,sit,come & the usual basics" but Cheech,far and beyond,he was not unpredictable or distracted,just an incredible little guy....