- Oct 23, 2010
................................................................................ ......................Originally Posted by Feralvr
1. Tell us FIFTEEN things about your childhood!!! Good memories, bad memories, funny memories, sad memories etc. etc. etc.
1. I used to spend every Friday night, school vacations and holidays sleeping over my great grandmother's houseUntil she got Alzheimer's
2. I used to love mowing my grandparents lawn. They had a ride on tractor, and a huge amount of farm land to mow. I loved driving that tractor
3. My grandfather had a CB Radio in his pick up. I used to always try to get someone to answer. I only ever got a response twice. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world talking to those 2 truckers.
4. A farm near my grandparents used to make their own milk and ice cream. On the way home from school once, my great grandmother stopped so we could get ice cream. Since she knew the people there, I got to ride 1 of their ponies.
5. My grandparents have a huge in ground pool with a slide and diving board. Lots of floats and water toys. I used to go swimming every night during the summers there, and would always put up a huge fight when it was time to get out.
6. Once 2 of my cousins came over to my grandparents. The adults stayed in the pool house, while us kid stayed in the pool all night long. There were no lights in the pool. It was really cool though because the colored lights from the pool house reflected in the pool, making it look like we were swimming through a rainbow.
7. Once when I was 8 my mother and I were driving home from my great grandmother's. There was a puppy on the side of the road, he began following our car. My mother pulled over. I opened the door and the puppy jumped inThere was no way my mother was allowing a dog in her houseSo we turned around went back to my grandparents. My great grandmother lived upstairs, my grandparents lived down stairs. I ran upstairs to show my great grandmother my new puppy. My grandfather said I could keep the puppy, he'd live at their house. If no one reported him missingI was so sad the next day when I learned the puppy's owners came and got him
8. Until I was in 8th grade every February vacation from school, my parents and I spent the week in Cape Cod. At the same hotel.
9. Almost every Halloween I went trick or treating dressed as a black cat
10. One Halloween my grandfather managed to grow a huge pumpkin in his garden. The pumpkin was bigger than me, and had to weigh a hundred poundsHe brought over, sat it right at the front door. I was very sad when I found it smashed in the middle of the road
11. I remember I was 7 when I 1st met 1 of my aunt's (my mother's oldest sister). My parents and her had a fight and hadn't spoken to her since they got married. One day they started talking again, and my aunt and cousins came up for a visit. My father used to tell me really scary stories about my aunt. My mother didn't talk about her. All I knew of her was what my father said. So when she came through the door, I was afraid of herWhen she came any where near me I stayed in my father's arms, or right next to him. Yes that night my mother was very mad, when she found out why I acted like thatI guess that's why you don't tell your kids stupid stories about your in-laws, because some day your kid might meet them, and get you in trouble
12. I used to play basket ball in 4th grade. It was the last game of the season. I had a sprained wrist so wasn't really doing much. Someone threw the ball to me, with 2 seconds left to go. I wasn't even looking, I just threw the ball at the hoop. It went in right at the last second. My team won the trophy
13. My friends and I used to go to the track at 1 of the parks here, and we'd have roller blading races. I usually won
14. There used to be a small amusement park 10 minutes from my house. It had bumper boats, go kart racing, and arcade games. Used to have a lot of fun there with friends. It eventually got knocked down to make the high way bigger
15. I used to take ice skating lessons, and every Saturday night I used to skating with my friends. I was pretty good then. Now I can't even stand up on the ice unless I have something to hold on to, otherwise I'll hurt myself
2. Tell us where you grew up? Middle of nowhere Massachusetts and if you have sisters/brothers? Only child A big family or small family? Huge on my mother's side.