Member under Spotlight! 08 to 12 Aug Farleyv!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning dear Members of TCS!

(Tecnically is another day in the other side of the world, furthermore I want to give some of home work for the members of the other side of the world too...
plus our member will going to have a really busy week!...)

***I have some issues with my internet conection & I don´t want to delay anything too!..***
...Muahhahahaha!..

Today is the turn of another nice member on the site... post here your daily questions for the member during a week, please ask all about you really wants to know and of course RESPECTING the own Privacy of our MEMBERS,...
Not are allowed personal questions as adress, numbers phone, e-mails etc......

I want to mention that all questions here are just for the unique porpoise of fun and of course, to stay in touch with all members,.. of course sometimes some questions are a kind of silly but funniest in the bottom!....

BTW!...
...our member is coming out from a fingers injurys...SO we need to help to him in his REHAB.....
......HOW? putting a lot of questions for him!...
I bet he going to appreciate!...

+++Do I mention that ALL MEMBERS ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE?????
this is a great way to gain more friends here in our forum!!!++++

SO lets begin….Let me introduce to you to: FARLEYV……

Hi !....
Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!
...SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs that I want to know if you know where I´m living …
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations?
3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico????..
.. Is the place where I´m live!
….As you can see in Yucatán is located Chichen Itza (Mayan Ruins) one of the New 7 wonders of the Modern world!...

Here´s the link my friend..(about my city and you can see something too about Chichen….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://www.travelyucatan.com/cancun.php

Enought for NOW,
....see you around my friend...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the spotlight!

I didn't keep up on the horse threads (
), so here are just a few questions for you to kick things off.

1) How's Big Al?

2) How often do you get to see him and how often do you ride?
3) How long have you loved horses?
4) Is this your first horse?
5) How and when did you learn to ride?
6) Are you good at riding?

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Cool Cat and LDG...

Just got back from barn. Whew! warm! Here goes!

I have never been to Mexico. My aunt lives in Phoenix and my mom has been to Mexico, but I probably never will. Don't like to fly!

Yucatan is absolutely beautiful. You are so lucky to have such scenes within your reach.

I don't speak Spanish, really I don't speak any language other than English. Although I can count to 100 in French. So much for my high school french...

I know all the songs that Desi Arnaz sings on I Love Lucy. I am a big fan.

Don't think I have seen a Mexican movie and wouldn't understand anyway:lol3

Love Mexican food.

I never have had Tequila or any other beverage from Mexico.

Hammocks!!! Love them!!! Could use one right now!

My aunt sent me a sarape...I think it's pronounced sa...ra..pee? Kind of a cloak when I was a kid.

You have a beautiful country.

LDG

Al is feeling his oats...as they say. He has bucked a couple times with DH on board. DH is the experienced horseman in the family. So we have cut back on his grain to one scoop a day...half in am and half in pm. He has gone from a skinny guy out in a pasture fighting for enough hay, to a bit of a glutten, feeling very well, on joint supplements. Never fighting for his food anymore. So he is feeling the best he has in his life I think. I absolutely love him. He was good with me though. I rode with a crop today, to immediately correct him should be pull anything with me! I think the grain change will eventually take him down a notch, which will be good. He has started doing this shortly after the BO raised him to 2 scoops. He said it might make him a bit more energetic.

I see him probably 3 to 4 times a day. We are 2 minutes from the stable. Sometimes I just go over to kiss him goodnight. I wonder if DH has a prob with that!
As of today, I am trying to ride every day to get the viniger out of him. We took a trail ride through the woods with a couple gals that board there too today. I don't know if it's good or bad having him so close. Don't seem to get much done here anymore!!

I have loved horses since I knew they existed. I can tear up just watching them run through a pasture. It takes my breath away. If you want to see a sweet video, google Dan Fogelberg....Run for the Roses...George Michaels Sports Machine. Absolutely stunning. That is how I feel about horses. My grandfather was a probabtion officer and had contact with police horses. He started me loving them.

I had a horse when I was a teenager. Sold him when I got married. Should have kept the horse and ditched the guy. (not current DH).His name was Sandy and I love him still.

I learned to ride by hanging out at a stable and working in exchange for riding. Met my current DH there over 40 years ago. We have come full circle.

I think I am a pretty good rider. Being a bit of a softie, I tend to "baby" Al a bit too much according to DH. We don't show him or anything and frankly I am not real concerned if he is on the "right lead". We saddle up and go for a ride. They say "The back of a horse is good for the soul of a man"...or woman.

Thanks for your questions.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the Spotlight! To start off, a few general questions, but there's a theme (mostly): Desert island, i.e. suppose you were stranded on one... and don't worry about the technology to support your choices, that will be taken care of somehow. Just dream...

1. What would be your five Desert Island CDs? They don't need to come from your own collection. Why would you choose these particular ones?

2. You might also want some reading material. What would be your five Desert Island books? Why?

3. What else would you like to have with you to occupy your time and your mind?

4. You'll also need food. If you could have only two or three foods and nothing else, what would you choose? Why?

5. If you could have one human companion, who would that be? Why?

This one is not part of the theme:

6. If you came into a large sum of money -- an unexpected inheritance, a winning, whatever, but "set-you-up-for-life" big -- what would be the first four things you would do?

Back later with more...enjoy your week!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I like the Sarapes too...

nice & fresh start my friend!...

so...
are you ready?...

1. What's your favorite hobby?...

2. What's one trait you hate about yourself?....

3. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:….

4. What do you read in the bathroom?....

5. Current worry right now?....

6. Hight heels or low heels are you wearing right now?....

7. Favorite place to be on weekends?....

8. Where would you like to go?.....

9. What´s your Favourite pop soda….

10. What colour shirt or blouse are you wearing right now?....

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did your cats come to live with you?

Have you trained them to do any tricks?

Do you dress them up?

What's your favorite holiday?

What's your least favorite holiday?

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was your least favorite subject in school?

What's your favorite movie?

What's your favorite song?

What's your favorite color?

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Welcome to the Spotlight! To start off, a few general questions, but there's a theme (mostly): Desert island, i.e. suppose you were stranded on one... and don't worry about the technology to support your choices, that will be taken care of somehow. Just dream...

1. What would be your five Desert Island CDs? They don't need to come from your own collection. Why would you choose these particular ones?

2. You might also want some reading material. What would be your five Desert Island books? Why?

3. What else would you like to have with you to occupy your time and your mind?

4. You'll also need food. If you could have only two or three foods and nothing else, what would you choose? Why?

5. If you could have one human companion, who would that be? Why?

This one is not part of the theme:

6. If you came into a large sum of money -- an unexpected inheritance, a winning, whatever, but "set-you-up-for-life" big -- what would be the first four things you would do?

Back later with more...enjoy your week!
Oh Boy, now I really have to THINK!

Well, CD's....ummm I love country music. Can't name specific cds. But Alan Jackson comes to mind...Ronnie Dunn...Brooks and Dunn. And on the other end of the spectrum...Sarah Brightman.

Books....I love the small english town murder mystery genre. Carolyn Graham Midsomer mysteries are my faves. Have read them all, but wouldn't mind reading them again. The novel Rebecca. Cookbooks. Home decor...although decor would be limited on an island!

other things...mementos of my family and my animals and my home.

Foods....ah, my favorite! Fresh baked bread, fish, some sweet things, cold milk, cookies, shepherds pie...oh I could go on and on!

The human would be my hubby.

Well, money....first invest wisely so I would have a steady stream of money and have it growing all the time. Take care of my family, start a free spay and neuter foundation, buy a huge piece of land and build a state of the art rescue facility that would be the "go to" place for rescues. All critters would have a forever home w me. Have a large staff to insure all were properly taken care of. Buy a farm, rent my house out, and have Big Al on our own place.

Thanks. That was fun.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

I like the Sarapes too...

nice & fresh start my friend!...

so...
are you ready?...

1. What's your favorite hobby?...

2. What's one trait you hate about yourself?....

3. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:….

4. What do you read in the bathroom?....

5. Current worry right now?....

6. Hight heels or low heels are you wearing right now?....

7. Favorite place to be on weekends?....

8. Where would you like to go?.....

9. What´s your Favourite pop soda….

10. What colour shirt or blouse are you wearing right now?....

Fave hobby is working on my house.
The trait that brings me the most grief is my soft heart for animals. I truly suffer at times thinking of the lives some animals have to live and I am powerless to save them all.

3 thoughts....I need shoes for a funeral on Friday...can't go for our trail ride this am cuz it's gonna rain. Limited to the indoor arena...getting Barney Fife (the cat, not the deputy) neutered for a reasonable amount.

Bathroom reading.....last years decorator mags. But I am catching up!

Always flat shoes. Life is too short to spend any time in heels!

Fave place on weekends.....my home.

I am pretty content. Don't require a lot of traveling. Although, I absolutely love the Atlantic Ocean. The shore, not the middle of it! Maybe Maine. I love the power of the ocean and waves breaking. Would also like to spend time in a small British town, visit the local pub and soak up the atmosphere of the countryside. Will never do it, but nice to think about.

Fave pop.....don't drink much of it. I like ice tea. But, cola would be my choice.

Wearing now....white bath robe.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well done! Have a few more.

Food and such...

1. Do you cook? Do you like to, or is it a chore?

2. Do you like to cook with someone else? How well do you share your kitchen?

3. What is your favourite thing to prepare?

4. What is your favourite dish that someone else prepares for you? Who?

5. Either of those favourites might be a comfort food, or not. What is your favourite comfort food?

6. What is your favourite celebration food?

7. When people come to my table, I always ask first whether there are any allergies/sensitivities/likes/dislikes I should keep in mind. If you came to my home, what would your answer be?

8. Do you consider yourself adventurous where unfamiliar food is concerned?

9. What is your favourite meal of the day?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello,
thank you
for your answer at my questions from yesterday let me see for the questions of today
....The Topic of today would be Music

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,….
http://www.1.fm/Station/SmoothJazz/Default.aspx )
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

How did your cats come to live with you?

Have you trained them to do any tricks?

Do you dress them up?

What's your favorite holiday?

What's your least favorite holiday?

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was your least favorite subject in school?

What's your favorite movie?

What's your favorite song?

What's your favorite color?
Well, my kitties have pretty much all come to me. I have never gone in search of them. We live in a rural area, and they just seem to wander into the yard. I have found many loves of my life that way. Such wonderful little friends.

They don't do any tricks. Although, Farley Velcro (RIP) and now Goofy, both diabetics, run up to the table for their insulin injections....Goofy even goes so far as to drop his head over the side to enable me to inject into his scruff.

I don't dress them up....I don't dress up!
At least not if I don't have to!

I love Thanksgiving and Easter. Just family, food and fun. Least fave is Christmas....lasts too long, too much pressure. It isn't what it is supposed to be.

My fave subject in school....gosh...probably social studies. Learning about the world and other places. Least.....thats easy! MATH! Even now, when DH is telling me something involving numbers....I zone out!

Oh man fave movie....I don't really have a favorite. A lot of likes though. Bridges of Madison County...Rebecca, Long Long Trailer. Old movies from 1940's. Love black and white movies. Not much these days.

Dont' really have a fave song, just a lot of likes.

Fave color.....different for different things. I like my walls a cool color....right now doing shades of green in the house. Nice and cozy.

Had fun!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yes!...
I´m
...back!....

1. Have you ever to sleeped on satin sheets?

2. Can you whistle?..

3. Favorite color?...
4. Would you be a Pirate? (Disguise for Halloween…..arrrrrrrrrrgh!)…

5. What songs do you sing in the shower?...

6. Favorite Girl's Name?...

7. Favorite Baseball Team?..

8. Favorite boy's name?...

9. What's in your pocket right now?...

10. Last thing that made you laugh?....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Few more to keep you going...

A few more foody ones...

1. Which do you prefer, electric or gas? Which do you have?

2. Cookbooks: do you like them? What's your favourite one?

3. Are you primarily a recipe cook, or do you like to fly by the seat of your pants?

Travel...

1. What countries have you visited? Would you visit them again?

2. Which was your favourite overall?

3. Which was your favourite trip?

4. Would you live in any of them longterm?

5. Did you discover new foods that you tried to make when you came home? Successfully?

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well done! Have a few more.

Food and such...

1. Do you cook? Do you like to, or is it a chore?

2. Do you like to cook with someone else? How well do you share your kitchen?

3. What is your favourite thing to prepare?

4. What is your favourite dish that someone else prepares for you? Who?

5. Either of those favourites might be a comfort food, or not. What is your favourite comfort food?

6. What is your favourite celebration food?

7. When people come to my table, I always ask first whether there are any allergies/sensitivities/likes/dislikes I should keep in mind. If you came to my home, what would your answer be?

8. Do you consider yourself adventurous where unfamiliar food is concerned?

9. What is your favourite meal of the day?
Hello....I cook, but I prefer to bake. Lately it is becomming more of a chore. It seems we eat the same things all the time. The minute I wake up, I start to plan dinner.....ugh. Thats sad!

It's just my husband and I, so I take care of food prep. although he is always asking if he can help. He is such a good guy.

My fave food to prepare.....brownies!

My fave food someone prepared for me is my mothers turkey dressing. There was none like it. We all try to recreate it, but none of the family has been successful yet. I sure miss it and the smell of her house at Thanksgiving.

Comfort food would be mashed potatos..I am Irish you know!
Fave celebration food.....pizza comes to mind!

No to all the questions about allergies or dislikes.

I don't consider myself adventurous as far as food is concerned....I kind of like the tried and true.

My fave meal is lunch. Not much preparation and have the rest of the day to plan dinner....ugh.

Great questions!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hello,
thank you
for your answer at my questions from yesterday let me see for the questions of today
....The Topic of today would be Music

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,….
http://www.1.fm/Station/SmoothJazz/Default.aspx )
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?
…

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...
My fave genre is country music. Not the rocky kind, just good steel and fiddle. Love Vince Gill.

I might have a couple that I never listen to. I just keep country radio on.

Well, I love Alan Jackson, Ronnie Dunn, Don Williams, Alabama

Women singers....can't really think of one at the moment.

Have not heard Rippingtons...will check it out.

Have been to a couple Alan Jackson concerts and an Alabama one.

Have not heard the jazz one. will also check it out.

Original cds for me.

Yes, I play guitar. I have a 12 string Yamaha. Although have not played in a while. My mom and I used to sing at weddings.

Thanks!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can ask horsey questions to you
Are you ready

1. When was your first horse ride?
2. What is your favorite horse breed?
3. What style of riding do you prefer?
4. Have you ever been in a horse show?
5. How many horses have you owned in your life so far?
6. What is your barn like where you board Big Al?
7. Do they have an indoor arena?
8. Do you bring your horse carrots everyday?
9. Have you ever seen a minature horse?
10. Are there any ponies at your barn?

Sorry I am late in asking questions this week
, but better late than never
!!!!!

p.s. HELLO Captain Cool
Have you missed me ??????

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh yes!...
I´m
...back!....

1. Have you ever to sleeped on satin sheets?

2. Can you whistle?..

3. Favorite color?...
4. Would you be a Pirate? (Disguise for Halloween…..arrrrrrrrrrgh!)…

5. What songs do you sing in the shower?...

6. Favorite Girl's Name?...

7. Favorite Baseball Team?..

8. Favorite boy's name?...

9. What's in your pocket right now?...

10. Last thing that made you laugh?....

I had satin sheets once...wasn't a real fan. Too cold in the winter and I kept slipping off the bed..flannel sheets for me in winter and cotton in summer now.

I used to be able to whistle the normal way and now the only way I can is by whistling inward....weird.

Fave colors vary for different things. Like green and beige in the house. Clothing...I look good in grey....go figure that.

I would not be a pirate. I was forced to sit through Pirates of the Carribean. That was enough to put me off the idea!

I have never sung in the shower.

Fave girls name....I don't really have one. Nor do I have a fave boys name. Seth though comes to mind. Kind of like that name.

Not a baseball fan.

Nothing in my pocket.

The radio announcer giving the market report. He was supposed to say "Asian stocks sank" instead he said "Asian stocks stank....oh I mean sank..well I guess they stank too". I was driving and laughed all the way home.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can ask horsey questions to you
Are you ready

1. When was your first horse ride?
2. What is your favorite horse breed?
3. What style of riding do you prefer?
4. Have you ever been in a horse show?
5. How many horses have you owned in your life so far?
6. What is your barn like where you board Big Al?
7. Do they have an indoor arena?
8. Do you bring your horse carrots everyday?
9. Have you ever seen a minature horse?
10. Are there any ponies at your barn?

Sorry I am late in asking questions this week
, but better late than never
!!!!!

p.s. HELLO Captain Cool
Have you missed me ??????
Hi There!

FIrst horse ride....probably when I was a little kid at a fair or something.
My fave horse breed...I don't know that I have one. I would take any horse as long as it was a good one and well behaved and healthy. As a kid I went through the thoroughbred phase. But now, I really don't have a fave breed. Quarters are always a good bet. Rode a TW at the stable when I was a teen. Lovely gal. A half arab, oh man...what a horse.

I ride western.

No, never in a show.

Only one other horse, Sandy. A chestnut with white socks and blaze. Loved him so very much.

The barn has an indoor. There are probably 40ish horses there. Some are show, a couple ride and drive in competitions. A couple ponies. No stallions. Mostly geldings and a few mares. Trail riders. That would be me. There is pasture, a couple outdoor rings. A round pen. Very wide open area with hayfields we ride...only the perimeter so as not to tramp down the growing hay. Two barn cats. A horse washing station.

Al loves treats. Yes, carrots are on the menu. Those apple treats and peppermints too.

Yes, I have seen miniture horses. We have one at the barn who pulls a small cart and jumps little jumps. Just adorable!

Thanks for the questions....love horse talk!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Few more to keep you going...

A few more foody ones...

1. Which do you prefer, electric or gas? Which do you have?

2. Cookbooks: do you like them? What's your favourite one?

3. Are you primarily a recipe cook, or do you like to fly by the seat of your pants?

Travel...

1. What countries have you visited? Would you visit them again?

2. Which was your favourite overall?

3. Which was your favourite trip?

4. Would you live in any of them longterm?

5. Did you discover new foods that you tried to make when you came home? Successfully?
Good AM! I prefer gas and that is what I cook with ...never had electric stove.
LOVE cookbooks. Have two that have recipies from bed and breakfasts all over the country. Love those.

For cooking I am a fly by your pants...bakikng always recipies with a tweek here and there.

Travel... I don't travel..We are on the Canadian border so have been into Canada for a day trip here and there. But thats it. Would not live there. Like where I am.

Canadian food is pretty much the same as American. Went to Toronto once or twice. Don't much fancy the big city. Was very glad to get home!

Thanks!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

Yes, I play guitar. I have a 12 string Yamaha. Although have not played in a while. My mom and I used to sing at weddings.
...I love this kind of answers!...

-Do you have perfectionate a cover for play?...

-do you like to sing?...

-Have you sing in the shower?...

-In you own opinion, wich one is the best guitar? I mean, brand, size, form, etc...