Mega massive vibes for Lazlo urgent

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!! I love that all these upsets are so positive, Laurie!! Way to go, Lazlo, you're doing awesome!

And, Laurie, please try not to feel bad about not realizing he was sick any earlier than you did. It's crystal clear you love and adore your furchildren... and they are lucky to have you as their meowmy.

AC

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie, I pray to God the tumor is shrinking, it must have shrunk because he has been eating so well, I'm so proud of Lazlo for being so brave and so strong

More vibes

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear he continues to do well. I'm sending lots of shrinking tumor vibes Lazlo's way!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWWWW Lazlo!!!!!! You have the best meowmy and dadowmy (
) and they LOVE you so much. WE all love you, LAZLO!!!!!

Laurie, I totally understand what you mean about how good Lazlo feels right now, knowing he has cancer but not really acting sick anymore. The important thing is that now you do know and got him the medical attention he needed and now he is feeling so good (inside and out) because he is relieved that you know he has cancer. He has a new lease on life, because of you and Gary. He is receiving the best treatment for his cancer possible.
We don't know what the future holds in these types of situations, but you are doing everything right, out of love for this wonderful boy, and
Lazlo's days are filled joy, tremendous love and happiness (yes, and necessary medicine) and he will give it his all in winning this battle, just like you and Gary are giving it your all and are right by Lazlo's side fighting with him ..... (Does that make sense
, hope so).

I think this is just incredible on how much Lazlo is improving with his appetite. I, too, will be seriously surprised if that tumor is not shrinking. It has to be since he is feeling so much better and eating well. Of course, he loves the syringe feeding, he is cradled in your arms and feels total love
. He is such a little fighter!!!!!!!! I am just so, so overjoyed
for you, Gary and Lazlo with all of these positive updates

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Laurie, it's great to get the positive updates on Lazlo. Am so happy he's eating well and feeling well. Continued for you and
for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we go for our 4th treatment tomorrow.

He's been much quieter since we've been titrating him down off the appetite stimulant. The doc said just stop using it, but we didn't feel comfortable with that... His appetite has remained good, but I still supplement with syringe feeding (especially because he won't eat pumpkin on his own anyway LOL).

I will be surprised if we've maintained the gaining an ounce a day at this point, now that he's getting back closer to his starting weight (which is supposedly a good weight for him, but he seemed skinny to me). (He last weighed 11 pounds 6 ounces, and he started at 11 pounds, 12 ounces. That was his weight in January, which was steady through mid-July.
).

He's been nibbling at plastic again. I'm not sure it means anything new. The first time was.. 2 days ago? I thought he was just making sure I got out of bed to feed them when the alarm rang.
I thought we got anything with plastic up, but forgot about the toilet paper we keep in the bathroom.
When I saw the plastic wrapper had been nibbled on, we decided to store it in the car rather than on the bathroom floor LOL.

We know his RBC is still low - normal during chemo - even though his hematocrit is good. So it could just be pica from that. No use worrying (try telling Gary that!), we'll find out tomorrow where things stand.

Otherwise he's been doing really well, our little trooper.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOOOOO Lazlo go!!!!!!!

Yeah, when Bugsy and Lucky where on appetite stimulants they were oh-my-God up the walls! Freakishly all over the place
- It comes to no surprise to me that Laz is calming down now that he is being tapered off of it.... Only the Energizer Bunny can be like that all the time!!

I will be on the watch for happy updates tomorrow

Many many vibes, hugs and much much love to Laz and family

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BTW, when we're having "brushies" in the bathroom, I sing to him. I sing about how we're brushing away all the cancer, and how he's purring away the cancer, and how his happiness is eating away all the cancer.
I even ask him now if he wants to brush away more cancer.

(I don't let his daddy hear or it'd send him into tears again LOL).

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

BTW, when we're having "brushies" in the bathroom, I sing to him. I sing about how we're brushing away all the cancer, and how he's purring away the cancer, and how his happiness is eating away all the cancer.

This nearly brings tears to my eyes.

May tomorrow's... rather, today's visit be nothing but the very best of news.

AC

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

This nearly brings tears to my eyes.

May tomorrow's... rather, today's visit be nothing but the very best of news.

AC
Me too.

Loadsand loads of good :vi bes::vibes : coming for you guys today.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
to all. Thank you so much!

The good news. Hematocrit still above 30.
RBC is improving!
Still low, but 5.26, up little bit.

The bad news. He's down 2oz.
So we'll bump back up app stimulant, and I'll up syringe feeding.

In the "just" news category, we're still waiting for next week's ultrasound date.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

to all. Thank you so much!

The good news. Hematocrit still above 30.
RBC is improving!
Still low, but 5.26, up little bit.

The bad news. He's down 2oz.
So we'll bump back up app stimulant, and I'll up syringe feeding.

In the "just" news category, we're still waiting for next week's ultrasound date.
I will grab the good news to keep!!!

2 oz is not thaaaaaat much for auntie Carolina

Go go go
Lazlo
Go!!!

jenny1978

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll be keeping Lazlo in my thoughts and hope that he does well with the remaining chemo treatments!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It also brought tears to my eyes reading about how you sing to Lazlo in the bathroom during his brushing session. You are just being so stoic through all of this and you are an inspiration to me as you know what I am dealing with too.
Lazlo feels your strength and love, Laurie, and he is feeding off of that too. He is in the best possible hands with two people who love him dearly. And a BUNCH of peeps here on TCS love him dearly right along with you !!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad today went well and it seems to me that his weight might be up and down a bit during the course of the treatment, so not to worry, and you will be syringe feeding still and keeping up with the appetite stimulant
. Just sending TONS TONS TONS more prayers and vibes to Lazlo today for being such a brave little guy
and his mom and dad are pretty brave too
!!!!!!
:vibe s:

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I'm with Gary on this, Laurie. Just picturing you singing and Laz purring away the cancer has got me in tears. SSSooo touching!!.