meet Worm

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
recently lost an older kitty here....we chose to adopt from a nearby town shelter. Worm (named for his very thin tail) was found on a roadway somewhere, thin, starving, walking difficult, bought to shelter end of October, estimated at 4-5 weeks old.

Still thin...he's fully vetted (thankfully tested negative for illnesses) shotted, neutered, chipped and well looked after by the shelter staff. Nice folks, my application was accepted.... he hit the kitty lottery by ending up in Kitty Club Med here!

Play, eat, sleep, L box, repeat....he's super affectionate, eating up the attention given by his new, forever Mom and Dad.

We're pledged to fatten him up a bit...in the coming weeks introducing him to Bug, Princess, Asland, Dukey and Linus. So yup, 6 in the house again.

I'm hyped!
worm1.jpg
worm3.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello tabbytom tabbytom ! Bug is fine, nearing his 3 year indoor anniversary. Approaching middle age (we think he's 5 or 6 now), mellowed out, slowed down some but still smart and magnificent as ever. He's enthused when he's allowed outside (accompanied), looks forward to the stimulation of the change in atmosphere, looking & sniffing around and eating grass (when in season, right now none here!)

However, he always gives me a hint to get back indoors.....he knows he's got it made. Comes back in and checks the food bowl to reassure himself!

Worm is way too tiny, young and new here to allow full run of the household, we're exposing him little by little to the full size inhabitants! Accompanying him into new spots, smells of the others....the usual protocol. The big guys could unintentionally hurt him if play became aggressive. He'd be bothering them too, I'm sure! A little busybody...curious and into everything!

How is your January? How old is he now? And hows he doing? We've got some lucky kitties, I tell ya'!

I tried to follow your link to January's page...seems to be inoperative?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
How is your January? How old is he now? And hows he doing? We've got some lucky kitties, I tell ya'!

I tried to follow your link to January's page...seems to be inoperative?
Great to hear Bugs is longing to be indoors which I guess he has yearned for it since the day he was outside your house. He must have said to himself ‘Better inside than outside’ :lol:

January is fine. He just turned 4 on the 15th of December. He’s getting very affectionate.
Yes, I think the cat pages are not functioning.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Saw his adoption advert from a town shelter (not my town but nearby), filled out an online application, and I was there the next morning a few minutes after opening, fully intending to be first in line! Met him, held him, my application was accepted by their administration! Paid a reasonable fee, a 30 minute car ride and he was home sweet home! Though somewhat confined to quarters, he loves it so far! I'd swear he looks better after just 48 hours. Before we know it, he'll earn full run of the house, the others will show him the ropes! He hit the Kitty Lotto alright!

Last edited:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
His struggling days are behind him. He recieved the ultimate Christmas gift- love.
and food! Consistent. We're consciously working on his weight, skinny little bugger.

Update....he's already gaining run of the house, under both human and feline supervision, of course. He's kind of bonded to one of the younger, full grown guys who is showing him around, they're playing hide and seek or kitty tag or somesuch! Showing great enthusiasm and energy....lovin' it! Senior citizens Bug and Princess mostly stand-offish to this point. But we'll get there!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
:redheartpump: Do keep us updated on your little cutie sweetheart Worm. It always makes us all happy seeing TCS' kittens grow up before our eyes. Most cats here are rescues and you would be amazed how they have transformed from once broken souls into much loved and happiest cats.:redheartpump:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Due to family pressure, Worm has been renamed Beto. He's fit in fully, and is being schooled, if you will, by the older Linus....being shown the run of 2 floors of the house (cellar still off limits).
After the usual visual confrontations, occasional snarling and sniff tests, setting their boundaries ....no fisticuffs between any of the 6.
Running, playing, eating like mad. I'm doing small portions of wet food 4x daily, free feed of dry food. We DO need to fatten him up and I'm seeing some weight improvement already....he fully complies!

The elder Bug and Princess seem fine with him, sniffing and inquisitive, though at times concerned as they don't want to be disturbed in any way. While playing, the elders demand full attention, no interruptions tolerated from the young 'un!

So he's learning his limitations while fitting in, with zero issues. I'll get a pic or 2 soon enough.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We DO need to fatten him up and I'm seeing some weight improvement already....he fully complies!
Great to hear that Beto is blending in well :clapcat:

You can give him some KMR Milk Replacer to boost his health level as he may not have enough nutrients from his mom since he was found abandoned by the road.

Also feed him wet food meant for kittens and once he's reached his one year and health and weight are good, you can either feed him wet food labeled 'For All Life Stages' or eat what your other cats are eating.

Last edited:

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for adopting worm he will be so loved. Kittens love KMR replacement milk I prefer the powder and just to mix with water. They seem to enjoy it warmed up a bit. Also 1 ingredient meat only baby food is great from what I have read on here. Happy for you!

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As I posted earlier, we lost an older guy awhile back, have the capacity and always wanted a tuxedo. As I took in Bug and Princess as older strays (and missed out on their young, fun kitten days) also wanted a young 'un. Adopting Worm (now renamed Beto) from a town shelter met HIS obvious needs as well....a win all around I think!

He's just doing SUPER! With the other guys' help....fitting in to the feline social structure perfectly.....NO fisticuffs!