Meet Wali - my adopted seven year-old blind gentleman!

wali_the_cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I am completely in love with my new roommate/baby, seven year-old Wali, who is blind. I adopted him from the SPCA. I'd been browsing their adoptable cats and dogs for a few months, with the intention that the right animal would make themselves known to me. I've never had my own cat and always considered myself more of a "dog person." I had been leaning towards adopting a senior terrier...

But then the SPCA posted about one of their "long-stay cats", who'd been surrendered from a multi-cat home (there were 7 other cats!!!!) a month earlier for "inappropriate elimination". And I realized immediately that he was MY CAT. I just knew. When I went to meet him at the shelter, he was cautious with me — but after a few minutes he was perfectly content to sit in my lap and cl.

Wali has been adjusting so well to his new home. His blindness doesn't stop him from exploring or jumping up onto chairs and shelves! He sleeps right on my heart every night. His favorite place to be is my lap. He purrs on me all day and all night. He nibbles my fingers and licks my arms and nuzzles my face with his cheeks. He loves it when I brush him. I can't believe how willing this guy is to trust me. I'm blown away by how strongly we've bonded.

All Wali needed was love and a calm, quiet home! His "inappropriate elimination" was obviously a stress response. He gets so anxious when he hears strange sounds or voices, but a little harp music and some petting has worked wonders to soothe his anxiety.

I am now 10000% a cat person. I think I always was a closeted Cat Lady and just didn't know it... LOL!

Thanks for reading :)

IMG_2945.jpg IMG_2999.jpg IMG_3127.jpg IMG_3150.jpg IMG_2686.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
a882493d2ef6a47ffb091a7c38d81ff2.jpg
and Wali and on behalf of TheCatsite community, a warm
83b628873c7a2419b34230feadd8daf9.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Wali from the shelter and for giving him a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out his life :clapcat: . He's a cute looking kitty! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

Since this is your first time having a cat, do read the articles below to get yourself oriented on taking care of a cat. Do post more photos of Wali and we have a special thread here just for him in bi-color-kitties-only.85808 and in show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Firstly - hiiiiii! Secondly - thank u sooooo much for adopting this absolutely beautiful boy ❤❤

I shed a tear when I read your story. But they were tears of happiness! You are a wonderful person for doing this. Bless your heart and his too. I can’t wait to see more pics of your new fur baby. This has made my heart so happy, thanks for sharing xx

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! This gave me chills when I read it! You were obviously meant to find each other! Wali looks completely happy and content. You are a very special person and Wali knew that. Thank you so much for saving Wali and becoming his family. You have given him everything he needed. Welcome and we are very happy to meet you both! :welcomesign::rock:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And another BIG welcome to you and that handsome Wali! Thank you, thank you! Older cats and cats with physical issues so often end their days in a shelter. Now one of them, your precious Wali, has a home, and family. He will repay that kindness 1000 times...possibly 1000 time a day! And welcome, as well, to the Wonderful World of Cats!