Meet the lovebirds!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

Do you know what kind of parrots they are? I wish we had wild parrots here - I'm so envious when I see people living in Australia with these gorgeous cockatoos and lories just waltzing around their front lawn! In some areas of the US, there are wild flocks of birds that were presumably released and had thrived, like quaker/monk parrots and cherry headed conures.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll see if I can find out what sort of parrota they are.
You have lovely hands by the way. :-)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful birds! Such sweet looking animals. The only birds we have are the visitors to our balcony. I had to hang all the feeders close to our windows as the birds and squirrels will spill a lot of seeds (and poop) onto the balconies below, and that's annoying for those people. We all get great entertainment from them, especially now in the wintertime.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Back when I lived with my parents, we got Canadian mallards (and the occasional painted wood duck), robins, cardinals, sparrows, and blue jays all the time. Now in the bigger city all I really see are pigeons, which are still fun for the cats and people (the birds FLIPPED when two pigeons landed on the window sill outside their room
) but not as pretty. And they leave bigger poop when they hang around.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago, when I still worked, a pigeon used to land outside my window and I fed him bread which he took from my fingers.