Meet the cats at my animal shelter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennifurr

To err is human, to purr is feline
Young Cat
Purraise
Good news! Porsche, Shannon, and Tawny have been adopted!

jennifurr

Young Cat
Purraise

More on Austin Leroy:

Austin is a very social guy and loves to make new feline or human friends. He is cuddly, playful and wonderfully curious. He will make a perfect companion for people of all ages!

jennifurr

Young Cat
Purraise

What a sweet guy! Austin Leroy has such a nice face. Where did he get that name?
I looked that up, and I couldn't find anything that answered that question. Maybe that's the name his former owners gave him.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your reports, especially the adoptions, they make my day! I'll keep all those special little angels in my prayers, each and every one deserves to find a forever home.

jennifurr

Young Cat
Purraise
Nat King Cole got adopted. Again, I am unsure of his diagnosis, but I hope he has happiness in his new home either way.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you have a very high rate of adoptions at your shelter.  No sooner than you list one of your cats, they get adopted.  Says a lot about your shelter, congrats!

jennifurr

Young Cat
Purraise
@Mazie, thank you.

As of this writing, three more cats have been adopted; Alex, Danny, and Jetta.

We also have a new cat

Greystone is very sweet, and gets along with pretty much anyone. He also has one eye, but it doesn't stop him from anything.

jennifurr

Young Cat
Purraise
He's been here for almost a year, so we're trying to get him adopted as soon as possible. There are other cats he likes, but others that he doesn't trust either. I am hoping to get him adopted within the next month, and pretty much any cat that's been here for at least a year; after a while, some cats can either go stir-crazy, or get used to the nice environment in the shelter. It really depends on the cat. And the perk of being at a no-kill animal shelter, is that the only time we have to put a cat down is if they are gravely ill. Brady is so far healthy adult cat, so he is doing good.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Brady just looks so sweet in his suitcase. I hope he can find a loving family soon!

jennifurr

Young Cat
Purraise
Not too busy at the animal shelter yesterday. I do have pictures, though.
20170411_162939.jpg

Meet Harmony, she is sweet, but not good with other cats. She even has a beautiful meow.

20170411_163657.jpg

I got Furnando from this view, because he looks like a yin-yang

20170411_163809.jpg

Velvetine in the sink again

20170411_165323.jpg

Anna and Albert playing

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They're all so sweet! I hate seeing cats without homes - I always want to bring them home with me, especially the older ones who once had a home. Those break my heart. :oops:

jennifurr

Young Cat
Purraise
258827128.jpg

258827113.jpg

Two more cats: Archie (Top) and Pauly

More info about Lucylou
258627885.jpg

Lucy Lou is a very special lady. She came into the shelter when her owner moved into a nursing home. She has a sweet disposition. She gives lots of head butts and "talks" by chirping. She gets along with other cats, as well as with well mannered dogs. Small children will overwhelm her, but she would be a great study buddy for older children. She also would make a great companion cat for an adult living alone.

Lucy Lou does have some ongoing health issues. She has recently been diagnosed as hyperthyroid and has started medication to treat that condition. She will have to take this medication for the rest of her life (fortunately it is inexpensive). She has the very early stages of kidney disease and so she is eating a special diet (she doesn't eat a lot of food, so this would also be a modest expense for an adopter). She has a slightly enlarged heart which may be a result of the untreated thyroid condition. She needs a dental cleaning, but we must wait until her thyroid levels are regulated.

I am praying that Lucylou gets all the love and care she needs.

jennifurr

Young Cat
Purraise
A couple more cats

259002164.jpg

Bosco is a friendly cat, but isn't friendly towards other cats.

259021044.jpg

Isabelle is a very talkative kitty! She enjoys sitting on the desk when the volunteers are doing paperwork. She was found near Regency Apartments. She was obviously someone's beloved pet at one time. She would do well in any home.

More info on Harmony:

Harmony is a 4 year old tuxedo sweetie looking for her furever home at PAS. She is a curious and talkative girl who loves to follow you around! She loves to be the center of attention!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
More news or stories about Brady? I love that kitty :catrub: