Meet Sunni!

andisansan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My husband picked her up by the side of the road under some cedars on Saturday (9/28/19). Took her home, gave her a bath in Dawn, the fleas just poured off of her. I cried. Visited with the vet on 10/1; she says kitty is 1.7 pounds and probably 4-6 weeks old.

White coat, pale orange-tan points (tail, nose and ears) even paler yellow-tan "stripes" on top of her head. Light-light blue eyes, dark pupils almost look red. I know her coloring can still change, but she's such a beauty as is, I sure hope she doesn't change much!

Very playful and she's now starting to trust us.

InTheCedars.PNG
HuggiesBox.PNG
JustFound.PNG
Capture.PNG
EarsAndTail.PNG
SleepyKitty.PNG

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's lovely it's lucky she was found. Thankyou for giving her a forever home and congratulations on your fur baby :thumbsup:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
da6e059474e3893832a9e7ecf375e39e.gif
andisansan and Sunni, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
14bb2d73f34c0ab0534dc365d59433cc.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for taking Sunni in and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary for her to live out her life :clapcat:

She's lovely! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andisansan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Sunni's adorable. :catlove: So glad you found her. :hearthrob:

Since she's so young, unless there's other cats in your family, it's going to be your and your husbands's job to teach her kitty manners. Here's a link from the Humane Society that might be helpful: Teach your kitten how to play nice

Plus a couple TCS articles on kittens:
9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment | TheCatSite
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips | TheCatSite
Thanks, good info in those links!
We do have another cat, a 14 year old, 18 pound neutered male. Loki. He's not impressed. It's only been 6 days, but he gets hissy and whines and wants nothing to do with her. For now. I believe he'll warm up to her in time. We've had him since he was 4 months old, and he was every bit as playful and social as she is now. Sadly, the other cats we've had over the years have been just as stodgy as he is now.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a little beauty she is! Welcome to you, Sunni, and of COURSE, to Loki! Don't want to leave him out and make him even more jealous!

Since Sunni is still so young, you might want to give her a bit of KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement) when you feed her. And at her age, that should be about 4 times a day for a while yet. And don't worry about overfeeding. That is NEVER an issue in kittens that age!

Since she has some color points, I'll bet they may develop even more with time, and those gorgeous blue eyes will stay just as blue as they are now!

Tell your husband that he's a hero, as are you!