Meet Simba! 4 month old - unsure of coat type

gdrew22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! First time cat owner here - I am rescuing this beautiful baby boy Simba - I am unsure of what his coat type might be... He is only 4 months old but he has a beautiful fluffy tail. Can anyone please provide pics if their kitty looked similar and what they look like now? Thanks!
Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 10.47.20 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 10.47.04 am.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 10.47.12 am.png

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He looks strikingly like a cat I got in 2007, and just recently lost. He's absolutely beautiful, and if his personality is anything like my boy had, you're in for a long, wonderful life together. I'm only slightly jealous!
I'm not an expert in coat type on cats, but my little guy looked like this as a baby and as an adult, he had a fluffy, long haired coat, but not like a Persian or a Maine Coon. It was more of a "medium" coat type, maybe 2+/- inches long on his body with slightly longer on his ruff/chest, the rear portion of his back legs ("pantaloons"), and tail. It wasn't super long, and wasn't overly difficult to care for, BUT please make sure you get your kitten used to a brush (a pin brush and a metal comb should do) early on, as I didn't with mine and he was not a happy guy when I'd try to brush or comb him. When I got my now 8 year old tortie, I worked with her daily for 5 minutes or so (sometimes once, sometimes twice or more a day) to get her used to the brushing and combing routine. Today, If I bring out the brush and am working on someone else, she hogs her way into my lap and demands her turn! It's really worth the early imprinting effort. A cat that learns early on that brushing is pleasant and a daily part of his routine will never get tangled, and won't learn to hate grooming.
Enjoy your new baby :redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gdrew22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He looks strikingly like a cat I got in 2007, and just recently lost. He's absolutely beautiful, and if his personality is anything like my boy had, you're in for a long, wonderful life together. I'm only slightly jealous!
I'm not an expert in coat type on cats, but my little guy looked like this as a baby and as an adult, he had a fluffy, long haired coat, but not like a Persian or a Maine Coon. It was more of a "medium" coat type, maybe 2+/- inches long on his body with slightly longer on his ruff/chest, the rear portion of his back legs ("pantaloons"), and tail. It wasn't super long, and wasn't overly difficult to care for, BUT please make sure you get your kitten used to a brush (a pin brush and a metal comb should do) early on, as I didn't with mine and he was not a happy guy when I'd try to brush or comb him. When I got my now 8 year old tortie, I worked with her daily for 5 minutes or so (sometimes once, sometimes twice or more a day) to get her used to the brushing and combing routine. Today, If I bring out the brush and am working on someone else, she hogs her way into my lap and demands her turn! It's really worth the early imprinting effort. A cat that learns early on that brushing is pleasant and a daily part of his routine will never get tangled, and won't learn to hate grooming.
Enjoy your new baby :redheartpump:
Awwww, thank you so much for this! Sorry about your loss - it surely does seem like Simba is very playful and curious! Do you have any pictures of your ginger boy!?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and that adorable Simba! I'm only guessing here, but going by that magnificent tail floof, luxurious ear furnishings (the hair in the ears) and his dense chest fur, he's going to have either a dense, rich medium coat, or long coat. LOL, he'd have to go halfway bald to be short haired, now, wouldn't he? Looking forward to watching this little guy grow up!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
a882493d2ef6a47ffb091a7c38d81ff2.jpg
and Simba, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
Welcome+with+Cats+Vinyl+Wall+Decal.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Simba is a cute kitty! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Dp post more photos of Simba and we have special threads here just for him here in show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! First time cat owner here - I am rescuing this beautiful baby boy Simba - I am unsure of what his coat type might be... He is only 4 months old but he has a beautiful fluffy tail. Can anyone please provide pics if their kitty looked similar and what they look like now? Thanks!
View attachment 424896
View attachment 424894View attachment 424895
What a beautiful boy!
Welcome!!! gdrew22 gdrew22
I am guessing he will look just like that he gets older. Peaches was found in a hole 5 weeks old. All her colors stayed the same
20170418_070141-COLLAGE.jpg