Meet Pipurr, the tuxedo bobtail kitty! (What kind of bobtail, I have no idea)

TubbyBubby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Pipurr, my sweet kitty!! Anyone have any thoughts as to what kind of bobtail mix she might be? I feel like she’s not a Manx due to the length of her tail. But she doesn’t seem like a Japanese bobtail either. Any ideas?? She’s quite solidly built, has a round face, and her hind legs are longer than her front legs. I don’t have a good picture of her standing to the side to show this, but past her shoulders her back slightly slopes down in the middle, and raises up again, giving her the appearance of a curved back and that her hips are elevated higher than her front legs. Despite her long hind legs she is not the greatest jumper.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TubbyBubby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a short tailed domestic. Unlikely to have a pedigree Manx, JBT etc parent.

bob tails occur naturally not necessarily related to any pedigree breeds.
That is very interesting! I did not know this! Thank you! :lol2:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To me it looks like her tail was injured maybe, I am not sure. Anyway, she looks like a dsh tuxedo to me, what a cutie😻 some of her features are similar to American bobtails I looked at.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Manx, Ziggy in the picture and in my signature below. She has the longer back legs, and when she runs she does look like a bunny!
Info from the Cat Breed Organization:
https://cfa.org/manx/

Pipurr could have Manx in her ancestors, or be one. She's ADORABLE! They can have no tail, to short stump, to half tail, to full length tail. The tail gene is not totally dominant so there can be a variety of tail lengths in a litter from 2 Manx parents. Or, Pipurr could have had a tail injury.

Mine is a character. She is so expressive! She's 15 years old and no sign of slowing down. I've had her since March of 2020.
Ziggy French Girl.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TubbyBubby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have only had one Manx but her hind legs reminded me of a bunny. Lol Whatever your bobtail has as lineage, I can say kitty is full blooded adorable!
Omg, that’s how I view her hind legs!! She has a funny run too! She’s got big bunny feet! :lol:

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Manx cats can have no tail or short tail. They do tend to have taller hind legs as well. Manx cats are never purebreds because you can not breed two manx cats, the kittens will always die. That's why people breed them with other cats and why no manx is ever purebred.