Meet Peggy

Salmonbisqueluvr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello there!

I've been lurking here a lot for the last few months and I already feel like a cat pro, lol. I'm excited to show off my new kitty, Peggy! I'm in my 30s, and this is my first cat. Growing up, we always had dogs, birds, reptiles, etc., but never cats. I've always been skeptical about cats because of the "meme" about cats being such jerks, not to mention as someone with asthma who has had allergic reactions to cats in the past, but I really wanted a pet and we can't have dogs in our apartment complex.

As of tomorrow, she will be with us for 1 month! It was a really hard first month for her. When we adopted her, she wasn't even 3 months old yet. She adjusted incredibly fast to us and her new home! She only scratches her scratch posts, she only uses her litter box to relieve herself, and she'll eat anything we give her! (side note: my username stems from an inside joke with my partner because while she would devour any food we gave her, she is fanatic about Performatrin Ultra's Salmon Bisque) Unfortunately, three days after we adopted her, she was sleeping all day. I figured she was a little burnt out considering how wild she was, but she didn't eat at all. She couldn't even go to the litter box; I had to bring her there for her to be interested, and then she would walk slowly back to where she was sleeping. A trip to ER showed nothing except that she may be fighting an infection because she had a fever of 103.5. We got some antibiotics and some urgent care food and went home. She did ok the next day, but the following day we went to a Vet for a general checkup and follow-up on how she's doing. Sadly, her fever spiked to 105.5 and we were urged to bring her to the hospital, and we did. After 5 days in the hospital, with her fever spiking into the 106 range, she was given a clear bill of health. Well, sort of. She had the calicivirus, and will have it forever. At least if she has flare ups when she's older, it won't be as dangerous because she'll have a better immune system instead of being a 2 1/2lb 3 month old kitty, :(

I'm obsessed with finding the "right" food for her, and I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of my time here in the nutrition section. So, hello to everyone and have a great day!

Beaglelover1980

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello there thank you for not giving up on your furbaby and being such a pawsome pet parent have you tried blue buffalo or another grain free food? Not saying that it would be a cure but just wondering if it may help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Salmonbisqueluvr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello there thank you for not giving up on your furbaby and being such a pawsome pet parent have you tried blue buffalo or another grain free food? Not saying that it would be a cure but just wondering if it may help.
I'm very grateful that we were able to provide her the help that she needed. It was kind of crazy how fast we bonded with her in just 3 days, but we were committed to helping her out as much as we can. She is eating grain free and only on wet food at the moment (with some freeze dried raw mixed in.) Currently feeding her mostly Merrick Purrfect Bistro with some Performatrin Ultra thrown in there as well.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
E4A79365-1E36-440E-AE84-8B4295ADD548.gif
Salmonbisqueluvr and Peggy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
14ED8151-6C6D-40E4-B307-91B811209845.gif

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Peggy is lovely :lovecat4::lovecat3: and here’s a special thread for her Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here!

We hope Peggy’s fever will subside soon.

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Beaglelover1980

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow thats quite the awesome diet that you have her on sounds like you have a good hand on great food for her awesome job it doesnt take long to get attached and bond with fur babies i just took in a stray cat off the streets because i live in michigan and we have very cold winters and we just started our winter about a month ago and i didnt want him freeZing to death and i was feeding him all summer long and i talked my husband into letting him in the house and he gave into me lol. Good luck with your baby sounds like you definately have a good head on your shoulders and a warm heart
I'm very grateful that we were able to provide her the help that she needed. It was kind of crazy how fast we bonded with her in just 3 days, but we were committed to helping her out as much as we can. She is eating grain free and only on wet food at the moment (with some freeze dried raw mixed in.) Currently feeding her mostly Merrick Purrfect Bistro with some Performatrin Ultra thrown in there as well.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :hithere:

Peggy is beautiful :redheartpump:
Glad that she is feeling better now

CaliCatCharlie

Living FeLV Pawwwsitive!
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome :hellocat:

Peggy is a cutie pie. So glad she found her purrrfect humans.

I have had Charlie for about 4 months and it’s trial and error at first. Sorry she’s been sick but glad you have given her stellar care. She’ll repay you in furrever love and cuddles.
:lovecat2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere: Peggy is adorable. :catlove: Orange female kitties are less common, but I have one too - my girl Ruby.

Sorry to read that Peggy has calicivirus. I don't know anything about it, but glad to see once her immune system strengthens any flareups won't be as dangerous.

Love the pictures. :camera: Particularly the one of her hanging onto the screen. :catman:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Real animal lovers to the extra miles to make them healthy and happy. Welcome,and thank you for being one of us.