Meet Oscar!

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Meet Oscar! I just got him from the humane society today. I lost my little Mini yesterday and well what can I say I am the kind of person that just needs a cat. Some people need to mourn before getting a new pet, but I felt like a new cat would help me move on. I have depression and Mini helped me so much. I knew that getting a new cat would be good for me. I just went to look but when I saw this big boy I knew I had to meet him. They told me he took a while to warm up to people and he wasn’t the friendliest but the second he was in my arms he was purring away. I think some cats just need the right person! He hasn’t been home for more than a couple hours and after checking thing out he immediately curled up in my lap and went to sleep. Obviously he hated the shelter and knows he is home now!
A337689E-B049-4BAF-B034-EBFC8C44FBCE.jpeg

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello adventuregirl adventuregirl . I am so sorry for your great loss of Mini. She sounds like she was a very loyal, caring and compassionate cat. I came to adopt my Speedy much like the situation you were in. When Rachel passed on, I felt so hurt because she was my Dad's cat really and I missed him too. I said I was too hurt to get a cat but went to a rescue just to be around cats and I saw Speedy and took her home the next day.

This is so wonderful that Oscar does not have to wonder where his home is from now on. He is just so handsome and looks so gentle-hearted. Is he checking the place out? All the best from R raysmyheart and Speedy! We look forward to seeing much more of this precious cat.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello adventuregirl, so
48A2D898-2E51-4896-ABFA-02FB1890A566.gif
to hear about Mini but am glad that you found Oscar and thank you for giving him a fur-ever warm and loving home.

He’s a handsome dude :lovecat::lovecat4:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello adventuregirl adventuregirl . I am so sorry for your great loss of Mini. She sounds like she was a very loyal, caring and compassionate cat. I came to adopt my Speedy much like the situation you were in. When Rachel passed on, I felt so hurt because she was my Dad's cat really and I missed him too. I said I was too hurt to get a cat but went to a rescue just to be around cats and I saw Speedy and took her home the next day.

This is so wonderful that Oscar does not have to wonder where his home is from now on. He is just so handsome and looks so gentle-hearted. Is he checking the place out? All the best from R raysmyheart and Speedy! We look forward to seeing much more of this precious cat.
Yes he is currently climbing everywhere, opening cupboards and just in general being a curious handsome guy. Mini was a hide down low type of girl... he is a climber! Already trying to think about where to put some shelves up for him to climb to!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site, Oscar and adventuregirl! :dazzler: So sorry for your loss of Mini. :angel3: It helped me to have other kitties when I lost my beloved Boris a year and a half ago. You have made a wise decision in bringing Oscar home. I'm sure he thinks so! :redheartpump: It sounds like he is a great fit for your household and you are the right person, too, as far as he is concerned. :lovecat2: And he's very handsome! :winkcat:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes he is currently climbing everywhere, opening cupboards and just in general being a curious handsome guy. Mini was a hide down low type of girl... he is a climber! Already trying to think about where to put some shelves up for him to climb to![/QUOTE

He wants to make sure everything meets his approval.:) I remember the first days of getting to know Speedy were so much fun. Did the adoption agency give you any idea of his age? I think they meant to tell you, he IS the friendliest.:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes he is currently climbing everywhere, opening cupboards and just in general being a curious handsome guy. Mini was a hide down low type of girl... he is a climber! Already trying to think about where to put some shelves up for him to climb to![/QUOTE

He wants to make sure everything meets his approval.:) I remember the first days of getting to know Speedy were so much fun. Did the adoption agency give you any idea of his age? I think they meant to tell you, he IS the friendliest.:)
He is four. He was surrendered due to being “unfriendly to kids” we have no kids and don’t have kids over so no problem there! He also had one failed adoption. They said he didn’t get along with other pets. Since we are a one cat house- also no issue... the people at the shelter were absolutely baffled that he was purring in my arms lol! I told them that instead of choosing a cat you need to let your cat choose you- he clearly chose me. Also my husband just came home from work and he was immediately rubbing against his legs... so yeah he is home.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwww...I'm so happy that the two of you found each other! It seems it was meant to be. I'm certain that Mini approves. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if her paw had stirred that pot a little.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oscar looks like a sweetie pie. :catrub: I love orange cats, and have my Ruby girl to prove it. :winkcat:

Sorry for the loss of your Mini. RIP sweet girl. :angel:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He looks so happy to be home with you! So sorry to hear about your Mini, but Oscar looks up to the task of helping you through this tough time. And making memories in his new forever home, too!