Meet Neville!

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, all!

Yes, that crazy pet guy is at it again. This time, introducing Neville, my new Berber skink. He is super friendly and came from a not-too-amazing (but not horrendous) situation. He's ten, and the owners just didn't want him anymore. I started by fixing his lights- he didn't have UVB before, and now he does. He'll soon be in the tank my snake is currently in, and she'll be in the much smaller one he came with, which she will be fine with. He'll have such room! :D

I'll post pictures soon!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first read it, my brain read "skunk," so when you said you were putting it in a tank, I had to reread it! Haha!

I love snakes and think skinks are cute. It is wonderful that you took him in!

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Arirang That's a colourful cute little dude and you say he's super friendly. How does he show that?
Your post reminds me of when my son brought a Gecko home from a holiday a few years ago but we didn't know he had. We started doing the clothes washing from the suitcases and after one of the full washing cycles, out popped the Gecko. He told us later that he'd put it in his shorts pocket.
Amazingly, he was fine and I must say, very clean.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
For a moment, I thought you said mink, which was quite unusual.

But he's very beautiful!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's beautiful. If you use bedding, use the coconut husk or alpine so it doesn't dry the skin out - never pine. And not sand. I learned that the hard way even though a herpetologist told me it would be alright. (my leopard gecko impacted and died).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's got eco earth. I am considering non-calcium quartz sand, like their natural habitat. He's hand-fed, so no impacting risk.