Meet my new rescue, Frances!

amandalynnxo92

The Cat Hoarder
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!
This past Thursday, my boyfriend and I returned home after an outing to find a soaking wet kitten hiding underneath our other car for shelter from a storm we were having. He was so thin and small I didn't think he was old enough to eat solid food. After bringing him inside and giving him warmth and water, I realized he was probably about 9-12 weeks old (vet agreed with me). I tried asking our neighbors and posting on forums to try to find if he had owners but it was to no avail.
Immediately I had him vetted as I have two adult cats already and was afraid of him having anything contagious etc. He alas had worms, fleas, ear mites AND an ear infection (we're still medicating his ear but everything else he is allllll clear of!) He also had a suspicious looking mark on his chin/lip area and I was so worried it was ringworm. The vet assured me it wasn't and was hesitant to tell me what he really thought it was. He said it looked consistent to marks of cats who have been thrown out of moving vehicles and hitting pavement. As soon as he told me that, I knew I had to beg my boyfriend to let us keep him. Which he did; he's a sucker for cats. :p

My other two boys were very nervous this whole time as to who he is or might be but now have at least accepted him enough where they let him in their space. My one is even letting him cuddle on his chair next to him as I type this. I take that as a huge win considering a few days ago he wouldn't stop hissing at him. (which I expected).

This is my Frances. aka Frankie aka Fransisco aka Frankenstein. He has found his forever home here with us.

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, what a sweetie pie. So glad you found him, and that he now has a home where he'll be loved. :catlove:

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a horrible person that would throw him out of a car Imagine how scared he must have been escaping the storm under your car On the other hand what wonderful people you and your boyfriend are Taking care of his medical issues and being in a loving home Jackpot!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww he's adorable. Thank you for giving him a loving home. How cute is that picture of him with your other cat. Looks like he's certainly at home and now he has 2 big brothers. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Aww, what a sweetie. :clapcat: Thank you so much for taking him in and giving him such good care. :hearthrob: