Meet my new little friend

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
James is a brown tabby so I call him James Brown or JB.

This is his story

JB is a stray who showed up a few weeks ago. In the morning I put food out for him in a shady spot and I noticed he just stayed there. All day, then all night. He was shy at first, running away when I brought food out. After a few days he started staying closer but hissing at me, I reckon just to keep me honest. I thought it odd that a young looking tomcat was just staying there and not wandering. After a couple more days he was waiting for me at the door, following me around, and letting me pet him. Then I noticed he had a wound of some kind on his right side between his ribs and his thighs. At this point I got worried. Maybe that’s why he was so subdued, almost lethargic at times. Time for a trip to the emergency vet.

He let me put him in a carrier without protest. The vet said the wound wasn’t that bad. There was also one, not as bad, on the other side. Anyways he got an antibiotic shot and cleaned up. His ears were a mess so they got cleaned and I got drops for treatment. While he was there he was neutered, vaccinated, treated for fleas, and tested for parasites and diseases. Quite a day for him, but he’s got a fresh start now.

I brought him home and put him in a catio I have out back. He’s been there since Tuesday, and I’m still kind of worried about him. He not acting like a cat yet. He’s in a room with cat trees and he hasn’t left the ground once. He is however a little love pig. He’s the sweetest cat I have ever seen. He has a follow up appointment this Tuesday so we will look closer. Maybe an X-ray or two. His wounds look to me like the result of some kind of trauma.

Anyways, here he is. I hope I wasn’t too long with the story. I’ll post updates as we go along.
6FAD1722-0A2C-4B5F-B113-ACFBAE53D8F2.jpeg

D856D464-BAAB-45BF-AF9A-514670AA3D94.jpeg
6F9850E4-867E-4D1B-B4B7-60DD2E527C92.jpeg

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
James is a brown tabby so I call him James Brown or JB.

This is his story

JB is a stray who showed up a few weeks ago. In the morning I put food out for him in a shady spot and I noticed he just stayed there. All day, then all night. He was shy at first, running away when I brought food out. After a few days he started staying closer but hissing at me, I reckon just to keep me honest. I thought it odd that a young looking tomcat was just staying there and not wandering. After a couple more days he was waiting for me at the door, following me around, and letting me pet him. Then I noticed he had a wound of some kind on his right side between his ribs and his thighs. At this point I got worried. Maybe that’s why he was so subdued, almost lethargic at times. Time for a trip to the emergency vet.

He let me put him in a carrier without protest. The vet said the wound wasn’t that bad. There was also one, not as bad, on the other side. Anyways he got an antibiotic shot and cleaned up. His ears were a mess so they got cleaned and I got drops for treatment. While he was there he was neutered, vaccinated, treated for fleas, and tested for parasites and diseases. Quite a day for him, but he’s got a fresh start now.

I brought him home and put him in a catio I have out back. He’s been there since Tuesday, and I’m still kind of worried about him. He not acting like a cat yet. He’s in a room with cat trees and he hasn’t left the ground once. He is however a little love pig. He’s the sweetest cat I have ever seen. He has a follow up appointment this Tuesday so we will look closer. Maybe an X-ray or two. His wounds look to me like the result of some kind of trauma.

Anyways, here he is. I hope I wasn’t too long with the story. I’ll post updates as we go along.
View attachment 348976
View attachment 348977View attachment 348978
reasding stuff like this restores my faith and hope theres still good left in this twisted world

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He sure is a handsome fella. Thank you for looking after him I'm sure he knows he won the kitty lottery. :rock:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, it’s 110(f) in the shade outside. I checked on James and he was out there panting, so I brought him in and put him in the front bedroom. I hope the house cats don’t get too upset about it.