Meet... My New Kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thanks for your advice in the other thread-illreply more over there.

i was worried when i was rescuing her she was going to run-it was the middle of downtown, and i knew if i didnt get her then i might not ever see her again. i couldnt just go home and try again tmrw. So as soon as i petted her and felt how thin she was, i was a little stressed, because i was like i HAVE to make this work and get her tonigjt-so i just tried really hard to let her see i was a friend.

And yes, i love her little face-its so expressive and a little derpy sometimes, lol.

guess who sat on my lap for the first time today? shell cuddle next to me and loves pets, but hates being picked up or being on a lap.. but today she just hopped on on her own :)
20171021_141224.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
so its been almost 3 weeks and ive been trying to think of cool black panthery names for her... meanwhile, every day when i come home she runs up to me meowing and i say "hi honeybun"... so im juust going to roll with that. Her official name will be Nyx, cos i do like it, but her unofficial name, or nickname, will be Honeybun :)View attachment 201136
:wave3: :clap: :clap2: :hearthrob::redheartpump: :loveeyes: :bigeyes: :catrub:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still deciding on a name, i was thinking Nyx, but i just feel like it doesnt suit her.

Anyway, i grew up with my mom rescuing cats, dogs, ducks with neurological problems-you name it. I was exposed to rescue early on. Ive owned 2 cats in my adult life, but my last kitty passed away several years ago. I wasn't looking for a new cat. I have no other pets & live with a roommate and am moving out soon. A pet is something i waa hoping to get in a year or two.

Then a week ago i was in downtown San Francisco and pulled over by an alley to make a phone call, and i saw this black fluffy thing. I was like-thats a cat!

I dont see cats much downtown. I live in outer SF,. its more like the 'burbs. there, and some people do let their cats roam there, but no one lets their cat roam downtown. For a second, i thought, someones pet that got out. Probably fine. Not my issue. But.. i couldnt do it. What if it was lost, scared, injured, starving? So i got out, she was a bit wary & wouldnt come to me, i went and bought some beef jerky and tossed it to her and she got closer and closer til i could pet her-skin and bones :( nope, youre coming with me little kitty.

Long story short, got her in my van, in a duffel bag (she was not amused and i felt like a horrible human but it was all i had and she wouldnt ride loose in the car, she kept panicking).

Got her home and fed her. Vet 2 days later-no microchip, she has an infection which im giving her antibiotics for. Estimated to be 1.5 years old. My original thought was to take her to aspca or a rescue, but...

she is the ::sweetest:: kitty She talks constantly-not a meow but a chirruping trill sound. She'll have a whole convo with you. She doesnt like being picked up but shes happy to cuddle and get pets and be brushed. She greets me at the door when i get home, follows me around like a shadow, and has just kind of insinuated herself inyo this household like she's always been here. Ive always wanted a black cat, my whole life, so it kind of feels like fate, especially that she crossed my path on Oct 1st

Oh, and if i put. my face close to her and say "can i have kisses?" she'll lick my nose

We're back to the vet in 2 weeks for shots, tests and a microchip.

here she is in derp mode:)
She'll let you know her name in time. Seriously. She is so adorable and she's gaining a lot of admirers here!:bigeyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I ended up just calling her Honeybunny. Wakanda is cool, i totally wanted something sleek and panthery. But she just turned out to be the sweetest kitty ever, so Honeybunny fit best :)

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I LOVE all the pics you've been posting of your little Honeybunny. She has such a distinctive face, and such cute little expressions....