Meet my broken angel

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that your Grandparents won't be able to take Bea, but I agree that's heartbreaking but the right thing to do.
Hopefully Nate and Joan will be able to give her a home.

I'm so glad that she's doing so well.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad Miss Bea is doing so well! Go Bea!!
Sorry to hear that your grandparents won't be able to take her though. *fingers crossed* that Joan and Nate will. Hopefully if they do you can get updates from them. Plus even though your grandparents can't take her, at least they'd be able to see her.

sweetrain1215

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Reading about what happened to Bea made me cry. That's so horrid. She's a beauty! This may be really, really far fetched...but have you thought about maybe calling your local news or radio stations to get the word out that Bea needs a home. I mean if you can't find someone that you know that can take her in?

Local news and radio tend to really like these "feel good" stories and you can use that to perhaps find her a wonderful home..after you've interviewed the people of course
. Anyway, like I said that may be really far fetched but if you can't find her a good home it's worth a try.

I pray you guys find her a good home soon...and thank you for taking her in and caring for her. I really do love all animals, but dogs are my heart and it's always wonderful when someone cares as much as you do.

norman's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I read the first post and the latest on the last page, but nothing in between. I don't know if this was covered, but I don't see any chow in her at all. She looks like a golden retriever mixed with some kind of shepherd.
I don't know why she can't stay with you because I haven't read through the whole thread, but if she must go to another home and you can't find one, see if you can find a golden retriever rescue and ask if they would take a mix. Breed rescues (like all rescues) are generally swamped and can't take mixes, but you never know. Some regions are worse than others. Arkansas is a pretty bad place to be if you're a homeless animal. The shelters are generally full and putting a lot of animals to sleep. So, don't be surprised if the rescue answers "no," but really, it doesn't hurt to try.
Be really careful about who gets the dog. You don't want her to end up in a worse situation than she was in when she was running free and was shot. I can tell that you care for her.
The library section on this page has a telephone questionnaire to guide you when people call you to inquire about her, if you do choose to advertise her.
http://www.petrescue.com/library/find-adopter.htm
This link tells why you should ask for an adoption fee:
http://www.animalaidsw.org/free.html

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Norman's Mom

I read the first post and the latest on the last page, but nothing in between. I don't know if this was covered, but I don't see any chow in her at all. She looks like a golden retriever mixed with some kind of shepherd.
I don't know why she can't stay with you because I haven't read through the whole thread, but if she must go to another home and you can't find one, see if you can find a golden retriever rescue and ask if they would take a mix. Breed rescues (like all rescues) are generally swamped and can't take mixes, but you never know. Some regions are worse than others. Arkansas is a pretty bad place to be if you're a homeless animal. The shelters are generally full and putting a lot of animals to sleep. So, don't be surprised if the rescue answers "no," but really, it doesn't hurt to try.
Be really careful about who gets the dog. You don't want her to end up in a worse situation than she was in when she was running free and was shot. I can tell that you care for her.
The library section on this page has a telephone questionnaire to guide you when people call you to inquire about her, if you do choose to advertise her.
http://www.petrescue.com/library/find-adopter.htm
This link tells why you should ask for an adoption fee:
http://www.animalaidsw.org/free.html
Thanks for the advice, but I assure you I've rescued before and I'm not going to let her go to just anyone. If I were, she would already have a new home by now. I'm extremely picky. I won't turn her over to a rescue for many of the reasons you stated. She will stay here with me until I find the perfect home for her, no matter how long it takes.
Thank you so much for your concerns.

Nate and Joan adopted a puppy from the pound.
So I'm back to looking for another place. I know a woman from a wonderful no kill shelter in Paragould that may be able to let me list her on Petfinder. I'll have to think about it first. The truth of the matter is that I'm probably just not ready to let her go.

Which one of you guys want her? I'm sure we can get a train going!!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I DO I DO!!!! Can we make one to Pa..We have been looking for a playmate for Bruno and Miss Bea is just a freaking CUTIE!!!!!! Ive kinda been dropping hints to DH that we need a new puppy and now he wants one too...

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Norman's Mom

Oh good! I'm glad that you know how to do this!
And I'm so glad people like you are willing to be so helpful to those who don't!!

Welcome to TCS by the way, I look forward to getting to know you better!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, I just read through this whole thread - what an amazing story! It's a shame that Bea's two possible homes fell through

She sounds like a super-sweet, well behaved girl, and with a story like hers, if you have to actually put her up for adoption (rather than having someone you know take her), she should find a wonderful home.

Good luck!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, you guys, I know its been awhile since I've updated...but I wanted to be sure before I let yall know......

Miss Bea has a forever home!!!!!!

Josh's grandparents (the ones who own the park where she used to live) decided that they wanted to take her!!! (they don't live at the park) She's been there a month now, and even came back to visit one weekend while they were away on vacation!

They have a ton of land, and a beautiful backyard that she just loves, along with a huge back deck that they spend a lot of time on in the evenings! The best part is that she already knew and loved them, and they her, so I couldn't be happier. She makes an amazing house dog, and the only trouble they've had is her slipping out the back door and running directly for the car to go for a ride!

I get to see her whenever I want, and they are spoiling her absolutely rotten!

She also has a sister there, a 3 year old cocker spaniel named Muffin. They play together wonderfully, which is great b/c one of my fears was that she would be lonely in a one dog household. It seems that everything has worked out perfectly for her in the end.

I miss her like crazy, but I know shes happy, and they couldn't be happier with her. They are two of the sweetest people you could ever meet....she couldn't have gotten a better home!

She did end up having heart worms, but not bad so they are treating them with the heart worm preventative. Her leg is completely healed and when she was here last weekend she was running and walking on it like nothing had ever happened. She is such an amazing dog. I've got a few pics on the computer, but not recent ones. When I get to see her next I will take some pictures for you guys if you want of her new home and new sister!

Sorry for the novel, I've been wanting to tell you guys for so long!!!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful news.
I'm so happy for Bea and her new family.
You did a wonderful thing saving her the way you did, you should be very proud of yourself for helping her .

I for one would LOVE to see some pictures of Bea and her new home and new Sister.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sooo happy to hear this! Bea has a special place in a lot of people's hearts and so this is wonderful to hear!

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so happy to hear Bea has found her forever home.
And it sounds absolutely perfect! She certainly deserves it after all she's been through.
And how wonderful that you'll be able to visit her!

I can't wait to see pics!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is truely wonderful! Well done for all that you've done for this sweet, sweet doggie. I' m so happy to haer that she has a happy home now, and a furry sister to play with as well! She's lived a fairytale life for a dog.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the update, I have wondered what happened to Bea. I am so happy that she has found a forever home!!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After reading the first post, I cant believe what horrible person would shoot such a sweet loving dog! I am so glad to read that she has found a forever home and is happy