Meet my broken angel

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too was offended by that post. Maddensmom is doing whatever she can for Miss Bea and she wasn't even Maddensmom's dog to begin with. she took her in and paid for her to get the medical treatment she needs and Miss Bea would have lost her life if it wasn't for Maddensmom taking her in. I think she is doing a WONDERFUL thing for Miss Bea and now Miss Bea has a new chance at life because Maddensmom rescued her.
I am still thinking of Miss Bea.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I, too, was offended by that post. I was born in the city but raised and still live in the country. We have never taken an animal out and shot it "just because". Personally, I applaud maddensmom for going above and beyond with Miss Bea. A lot of people, no matter where they live, wouldn't have even bothered. That dog is one of the luckiest pups around to have someone who's gone out of their way to give her the care, love and understanding she needs to get through her injury.

Maddensmom! Miss Bea is a gorgeous girl and I can't wait to find out what family she spends her life with!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Panther's Pride has apologised for their original post stating that they were wrong to make that broad judgement.

I'm wondering how Miss Bea is doing in her recovery? Any more pics... that is a face I'd never get tired of seeing!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Panther's Pride has apologised for their original post stating that they were wrong to make that broad judgement.

I'm wondering how Miss Bea is doing in her recovery? Any more pics... that is a face I'd never get tired of seeing!
I also posted to him or her (I don't know), that I didn't think that they meant to offend anyone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

any updates please?
Nothing new to report really....She's healing well, and has adjusted quite well to being a inside dog!

She's started to play with the dog toys which is really funny because she isn't really sure what to do with them!
And Pooch (my German Shepard mix) doesn't know what to think of her playing with his toys!
They actually played tug-o-war for a little bit the other night, but I wasn't quick enough to snap a pic.

She's such a great dog. I couldn't even begin to explain to you guys how wonderful she is! I have worked and worked and trained Pooch since the time he was 8 weeks old, and I always thought he was the best behaved dog in the world, until I met Miss Bea. She amazes me. She's never been trained, but she is so smart and catches on to things so quickly that you'd never know!

I'll try to get some more pics of her this week to put up, she doesn't really care for my camera though!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good to hear the Bea is still doing so well.
Are your Grandparents going to take her?
Or has she found a home with you??...kind of sounds like maybe she has!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

She's such a great dog. I couldn't even begin to explain to you guys how wonderful she is! I have worked and worked and trained Pooch since the time he was 8 weeks old, and I always thought he was the best behaved dog in the world, until I met Miss Bea. She amazes me. She's never been trained, but she is so smart and catches on to things so quickly that you'd never know!
Sounds like she's very grateful to have found a wonderful home with a good human to care for her.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

It's good to hear the Bea is still doing so well.
Are your Grandparents going to take her?
Or has she found a home with you??...kind of sounds like maybe she has!
As much as we would LOVE to be able to keep her, unfortunately I don't think that we have the room for her to stay permanently, or the funds to add another animal to our vet care regimen. If we could keep her she would definately stay here, I am so in love with her, and she is so well behaved.

Aside from the incident where she scratched up the bedroom door, (which really wasn't her fault) she has been an absolutely perfect house dog!

My Grandparents are still deciding, they want to make sure they have everything lined out before they say that they will take her. I'm not letting her go until she's healed up so they have plenty of time anyway. Her cast doesn't come off for good until May.

I promise you guys I'll get new pictures up soon, I've just been really busy!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sounds like an amazing dog and it's hard to believe that someone hasn't taken her in long ago.

At least she's safe now and will find a good home where she'll never have to worry about some idiot shooting her again.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awwww it would be perfect if she could stay with you, but with your grandparents is second best - at least she will still be apart of your family

looking forward to some photos

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huge news you guys!!

My Grandparents are going to take her!!!!!

I'm so excited and sad but happy too!!

Of course she won't be going anywhere until May when her cast can come off, but at least now I know that she has a great home, and I can see her anytime I want too!!!!

There will never be a shortage of Bea pictures now!!

I do have to take her in soon to get her checked for heartworms, I couldn't afford everything all at once so I haven't had that done yet. I'm praying that if she does have any at all that they will be treatable with the heartguard.

So you guys pray that her heartworm test comes back clean! That would make everything perfect!

I don't know when I'm taking her in yet, but when I find out, I'll let you guys know for sure!

I'm so happy!!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful news.
Bea will be getting a great home with your Grandparents and the fact that the two of you will get to see each other all of the time is just icing on the cake!

You sure did a great thing for Bea!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
just seeing this update now.

what wonderful wonderful WONDERFUL news !!! This story is ending so beautifully

and sending ((clean from heartworms)) vibes Bea's way

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick little update on the "Queen Bea":

Shes still doing great!!
I've taken her to visit with my grandparents a couple of times now and she seems pretty at home there, and of course they are just head over heels in love with her!

Haven't made it to the vet yet, I'm planning on getting her in within the next couple of weeks. I'm still really nervous about her heartworm test.
Hopefully it will turn out ok though.

For the past couple of weeks I've been removing her cast at night. She developed a nasty pressure sore on her elbow from the cast. Pretty much the only thing that would heal it up was fresh air, so at night when she's in her bedroom, I've been leaving it off. I just put in on during the day to protect it while she plays and goes outside and whatnot. I didn't consult doctor Ryan about that, so I hope I'm not in trouble!
Its nicely healed up now though and I see no ill effects so I think I did the right thing.

I'm hoping for her to go to her new home for Mother's Day, but I'll have to see what Dr. Ryan thinks first.

Sorry I haven't updated in so long!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay! I am sending lots of positive vibes that everything turns out good in the heartworm test!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending vibes that everything is a-okay at the Vet visit.
I'm so glad that she's still doing well.
I think Mothers Day would be a wonderful day for her to go to live with Grandma and Grandpa!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, a bit of bad news. My Grandparents have decided that they aren't going to take Bea after all.
My Papa is having some health problems and their current dog is 11 and they are worried that if something happened they wouldn't be able to afford the vet care. I'm crushed, and in a way they are too. I know they are making the right decision though.

So now I'm waiting for their neighbors (Nate and Joan I mentioned earlier in the thread) to let me know if they are interested in her or not, and then I guess we'll go from there.

I'm trying to get her a vet appointment for this week, but being kitten and puppy season, they are a little swamped. Since its not really something that has to be done right now, I told them to call me when they can work her in.

A little good news though!!
She has decided its time to take off her cast, and she was right!! She's walking on it normally most of the time now, and doing great!! She still holds it up when she runs but walks on it most of the time. Its also bending and working much better than we ever expected it too so I'm super excited. Doctor Ryan will be floored I'm sure!

Just wanted to update you guys a bit since I haven't been on much at all lately!