Meet Mr. McGrumpy, the newest member of our family!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meet Mr. McGrumpy, soon to join our family in January..... :heart3: :heart3:
He is also a Ragdoll, 2 years old, and comes from the same rescue I adopted all my cats. It wasn't an easy decision, but one I felt I had to make....
Mr. McGrumpy comes from a horrible abuse situation - he is declawed, tossed out, and was also beaten up badly :bawling:
He was brought in with horrhendous matts all over his body, so bad his skin was full of raw spots, his bottom was completely matted, and he was VERY, and I mean, VERY aggressive.

It took weeks for the rescuer to be able to get close to him to feed him, with long sleeve gloves, and even then she has plenty of bite marks to tell the story. That is how he got his name.

This was one little terrified kitty.... :(

I kept reading about his progress, which even though were amazing, and realized that this poor kitty needed a house like my house. He wouldn't be adopted otherwise..... If he was, he would be returned, as so many "parents" want the perfect cat..... And I am afraid after all he went through in his life, he can't be the fluffy little perfect cat most look for......

My only condition was that he loves cats, as I can't have a cat-to-cat aggressive kitty in the house..... and he does! He loves kitties and is very docile with them. He is just afraid of humans - his problem is regaining trust...... and BROOMS. He goes nuts when he sees a broom - apparently that's how he was beaten :bawling:

Anyways, he is doing great now, has come very very far - is cuddling, giving kisses, purring, and no longer aggressive with her :clap::clap::clap:

He is already being introduced to raw as well, and eating little pieces of meat in every meal - that is going to make my life much easier :bigthumb:

So, without further ado, here is Mr. McGrumpy!

When he came in, after having a shave to remove the matts.....

And now, with his fur a bit longer- I think he is going to be a gorgeous kitty once his fur is fully grown!

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He already IS gorgeous!

Aw.... there isn't a better home for this boy. :heart2: And hopefully Bugsy will gain the playmate he wants! :clap: :cross:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He already IS gorgeous!
Aw.... there isn't a better home for this boy. :heart2: And hopefully Bugsy will gain the playmate he wants! :clap: :cross:
Awww Laurie.... You know what I mean..... Gorgeouser :lol3::lol3::lol3:

He is already Gorgeous, and even though he is not with me yet, he already has my :heart3:

lukey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear things are shaping up for this cat, he's awesome.

kristy koster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is a beautiful kitty!  Sad to hear of his struggles :( but very happy he found his forever home and love with you. :)

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
He's beautiful!

I\m sure he'll keep on making great progress with you. It's wonderful that you can give him the safe home he needs.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our first cat was terrified of brooms and men in hats (even me).

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carolina, I just want to hug you and thank you for taking in this poor cat. You have such a generous spirit, and Mr McGrumpy is so lucky to have found you. :touch:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Carolina that's wonderful news! What a handsome boy!  His markings on his forhead look like Angel's. It's also great news that he is already starting on raw!!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's absolutely beautiful - but now maybe he should be 'Mr. Happy" instead of "Mr Grumpy".

So glad he now has a happy forever home.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh!  I think he is STUNNINGLY HANDSOME!  Can't wait to hear how the integration goes.  Getting him next month, huh?  A late Christmas present for your kitties and yourself?  What fun!

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, I had a feeling you were going to add more kitties! :bigwink:

I can't wait to meet him! :clap:

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How could anyone harm such a beautiful boy! That just makes my blood boil.

I am glad he is going to such a good home. I know you will give him all the love and care he needs to heal his heart as well as his body.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww thank you for welcoming this little one to TCS you guys :hugs:
I don't understand either people who hurt animals.... :wife: like his rescuer says, if there is a hell, there is a special place in there waiting for them in the end, that's for sure :nod:
As for his name.... Laurie and I were chatting.... I wanted to give him a new beginning, I said McDreamy, and Laurie then suggested McCreamy! I love it, I think it fits him perfectly! :clap:
I can't wait for him to come home! I already called the insurance, and he is being added on the day he arrives. Called the rescue, and all his medical records are put aside. He is all ready to go...
I hope he is happy with us.... My biggest hope is that he buddies with Bugsy. Judging how Bugsy was with Gracie, I can totally see that happening. Bugsy is the most friendly kitty, unfortunately Hope and Lucky are buddies and Hope doesn't like him AT ALL. Lucky used to be very close to him, but that ended once Hope came along, so now he is all alone :(
:cross: all is going to work out.... My life is hectic and crazy, but he will have all the love and care he can possibly have.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your new fluffy addition! :) I think he's quite handsome! I'm so sorry to hear about his past, but thankful to know that this little fellla will have a terrific home to live his life out in. :)